Apartment Leasing Consultants
Company: BEStstaff, Inc.
Posted on: May 5, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Leasing Consultant
STATUS: Non-Exempt (hourly; eligible for overtime)
REPORTS TO: Resident Manager
- This would be a 'temp to perm' if it works out. It's a GREAT
company, a steady job and permanent employees get good
- Really needs someone comfortable using a computer, has office
experience handling busy phones, filing, and understands working
with a lot of paperwork.
- It can get very busy- interruptions.
- Problem solving skills are a very important part of this job.
You'll need the understanding that there is a problem, now where do
I need to go to fix it?
- Training is provided, and you'll work according to specific
instructions and checklists.
- Business Casual environment.
- Part-time and full-time positions available ESSENTIAL JOB
The Leasing Consultant is responsible for leasing, marketing and
maintaining positive resident relations of residential apartments.
Also coordinates with property manager regarding tenant move-in
dates and building maintenance issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day-to-day duties and responsibilities are determined by where
consultants work, there are many core tasks associated with the
role. These include but are not limited to:
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask
questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established
- Inspect models and available "market ready", communicate
related service needs to Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product
knowledge to prospects needs by communicating the features and
benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure application
fees/deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals.
(i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed
applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with
applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and
attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them
to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new residents' signature(s) on appropriate paperwork at
move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about
market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the
- Achieves sales goals set by resident and area manager
- Accept rental payments and process as required. Put in
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input
information on ResMan System accurately and on a timely basis.
Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining
- Review and code invoices
- Maintain current resident files by scanning and filing all
documents into ResMan.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and
renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as
- Consistently implement policies of the community. Resident
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to
resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the
maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community,
repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to
respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by
contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and
participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community
- Enforce polices of the community. Marketing
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis
to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit
signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities. A FULL
DETAILED RESUME IS REQUIRED TO APPLY, INCLUDING:
- All employment
- Start and end dates at each job
- Job duties for each job
- All equipment / tools / machines / software used on each job
"Summary" resumes, 'quick resumes' created on your phone, photos of
your resume, or any resumes not containing this information will
not be considered, as BEStstaff clients will review resumes of
Job Requirements: ATTENDANCE
It is critical that individuals possess the ability to work their
scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job
and must attend training classes as scheduled. Work schedules and
location assignments are subject to change. Ensure compliance with
time management policies including meal and rest periods.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school
- One to two years of industry experience or three to five years
of office management experience preferred
- Fair Housing Certification preferred
- Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos,
lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Excellent communication and written skills required
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance required
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Understanding of the Microsoft suite, ResMan software
- Operate 10-key calculators, copy and facsimile machines to
perform calculations, produce and distribute documents PHYSICAL
- May be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent
standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling,
lifting/moving/carrying packages to a store room (light to heavy
weight material equipment) using a dolly.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized
equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, gripping and elbow
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination
and depth perception for proper operation of machines and
- Requires the use of appropriate safety equipment (e.g., back
belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.) It is the policy of BEStstaff,
Inc. not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for
employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex,
physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation,
or national origin.
"Positively changing lives through Trust, Care and Commitment based
Keywords: BEStstaff, Inc., Albuquerque , Apartment Leasing Consultants, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!