Special Agent: Linguistics/Foreign Language
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Posted on: August 16, 2019
As an FBI Special Agent with Linguistics/Foreign Language
expertise, you'll have a career like no other. You may have been
raised speaking a language other than English, taught it for a few
years or even participated in intensive learning before going
overseas to use it. You know that your language skills can make a
difference, whether your specialty is Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese,
Farsi, Russian, Spanish, Somali, Uzbek Korean, Portuguese or
another foreign language.
We need Special Agents with a wide range of education, backgrounds,
languages and other specialized skills in order to get ahead of
threats. As a Special Agent with foreign language skills, you may
be asked to translate audio or written materials in a foreign
language into English, interpret during a crucial interview or
provide cultural expertise relating to an investigation.
You will use your cultural and linguistic acumen to tackle some of
society's toughest challenges. Your ultimate mission: to protect
the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United
Whether you are currently working in the public sector, at a large
corporation or at a small private company, we need your experience!
We're looking for proficiency in all languages and dialects.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and
What you'll need to succeed:
* Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Written and verbal proficiency in a language or languages other
than English and the ability to communicate clearly in English with
colleagues both internally and externally.
* Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
* Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound
* BA/BS degree (preferably in linguistics or language).
* Native/fluent experience in a particular language and
* Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
* The drive to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration,
communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal
ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and
dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you
will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team
of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a
mission like no other, and our people are sought after as some of
the best in their fields. It's no wonder so many corporations
appoint FBI alumni in distinguished roles.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a
U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete
training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high
level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd
hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Albuquerque , Special Agent: Linguistics/Foreign Language, Sales , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!