Director of Sales
Posted on: March 18, 2023
DescriptionResponsibilities and Duties:
- Direct the solicitation efforts of room sales through effective
oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and
space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Administer the staffing, training and performance reviews for
the Sales Department. Ensure training programs are conducted
regularly and Lane's standards of performance are met. Give
guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
- Compiles and/or directs the preparation of reports pertaining
to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not
limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead
Management System, Booking Report and Sales Meeting
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect
market trends and related information for development of new
marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve
potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations for
prospective clients. Internally promote hotel's programs. Meet with
and entertain clients, some of which may require travel.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Marketing Plan and
execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as
deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related
meetings.Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information
using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of
patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate
information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and
continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English,
both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
emergency situations.Other Expectations:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established from time to time, is essential to the successful
performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary
action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees
may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business
needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with
rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel
facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will
be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the
requirements of the hotel.
- Conduct an average of one to two property site inspections per
day with potential customers. This entails walking approximately
one-half mile for each property tour over various surfaces and an
- Travel to industry-related tradeshows. Reach up to
approximately eight feet in order to setup and dismantling of booth
displays and carrying a minimum of 25 pounds for transporting of
collateral material is required.
- Participate in key organizations as recommended by management
and Corporate Director of Sales.
- Inputting and retrieving information from computer system for
file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear
language. Operate a facsimile machine and photocopier as
- Perform other duties as assigned
We offer a comprehensive full-time benefits package consisting of
medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, pet discount program,
identity theft protection, pre-paid legal support, flexible
spending accounts, matched 401K, life, critical accidental or
illness, short & long-term disability, paid time off, wellness
programs, wonderful hotel discounts and much more!
Source: Spire Hospitality
Keywords: Spirehotels, Albuquerque , Director of Sales, Sales , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...