Junior Cost Estimator
Company: Tecolote Research
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Junior Cost Estimator
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Education Required: Bachelor's degree required, preferably in math,
engineering, business, or the sciences.
- Applicants must have the ability to gather and analyze
technical, programmatic, schedule, labor and cost data to support
the development of various types of cost estimates. Problem solving
and analytical thinking is an absolute must.
- It is desirable that applicants have an understanding of
developing and/or performing cost estimates, and developing Work
Breakdown Structures (WBS). It is also desirable that applicants be
familiar with statistics, cost estimating principles/ DoD
acquisition policies and have a working knowledge of the DoD
acquisition and project management process.
- Any working knowledge of earned value management, scheduling,
and the DoD Budget cycle is preferred.
- BS/BA in engineering, cost analysis, economics, or financial
- Applicants should be proficient in the use of M/S office
applications, i.e., M/S PowerPoint, Project, Word, and very
proficient using Excel.
- Excellent verbal communication, written, and quantitative
analytical skills are required.
- Applicants must be able to work in a team environment.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Responsibilities:The Junior Cost Estimator be responsible for
collecting program and cost data, developing cost estimating
relationships as well as creating and presenting defense
acquisition cost estimates. Applicants should have a thorough
understanding of cost estimating, defense acquisition and budget
cycles. Applicants will be responsible for creating and documenting
estimates using Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT)
software (www.aceit.com). The applicant may be required to work
with higher DoD officials and communicate with prime contractor
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with education and
experience. We have an excellent benefits package that
- Comprehensive health, dental, life, long and short term
- 100% Company funded Retirement Plans
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick pay plans
- Tuition assistance
Tecolote Research is a private, employee-owned corporation where
people are our primary resource. Our investments in technology and
training give our employees the tools to ensure our clients are
provided the solutions they need, and our very high employee
retention rate and stable workforce is an added value to our
customers. Apply now to connect with a company that invests in
Keywords: Tecolote Research, Albuquerque , Junior Cost Estimator, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!