Leasing Consultant- Silverado
Company: Shelton-Cook Real Estate Services
Posted on: August 16, 2019
The Leasing Consultant is primarily responsible for performing all
activities related to apartment rentals, resident move-ins, and
lease renewals including completion of all required administrative
paperwork. The Leasing Consultant also performs tasks related to
the communitys overall marketing and resident retention programs
and strategies. The Leasing Consultant provides excellent customer
service by responding to resident inquiries and concerns. This
position reports directly to the Community Manager and may also
receive direction from the Assistant Manager and has no
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides exceptional customer service by responding quickly and
courteously to resident concerns and questions, taking prompt
action to solve problems, and documenting and conveying resident
requests for maintenance to the maintenance team.
2. Performs all tasks related to renting apartments including
generating traffic, handling telephone inquiries, greeting
prospective residents in person, touring prospective residents
throughout the apartment community, demonstrating model apartments
and sharps, qualifying prospects, and closing the sale by obtaining
a lease application and deposit. Leasing Consultants must maintain
an average closing ratio of at least 30%.
3. Processes rental applications by verifying rental history, bank
account information, and employment. Provides verified information
(and any questionable data or concerns) with the rental application
to the Community Manager for approval or denial based on site
4. Notifies prospective residents whether rental applications are
approved or denied and schedules move-in when appropriate.
5. Completes all move-in paperwork including the lease and
accompanying addendums in accordance with site administrative
6. Maintains information about competitors pricing, specials and
7. Prior to opening the leasing office daily, prepares the model
for show, inspects the prospect tour routes and amenities, turns on
appropriate lighting, provides refreshments, cleans and freshens
offices and restrooms, and ensures all sales tools and forms are
ready and available for use.
8. Promotes all value-added opportunities for additional site
income (i.e. cable services, telephone services, internet services,
etc.) to prospects and residents.
9. Participates in the resident retention program by planning and
participating in resident appreciation functions, coordinating the
lease renewal notification process, and assisting with move-out
paperwork, if appropriate.
10. May be required to inspect sharp apartments, create mini-models
and utilize other merchandising techniques to improve the
salability of the vacant apartments.
11. Accurately records all prospective resident activity daily on
the appropriate forms (i.e. welcome cards, activity sheet, morning
12. Adheres to all company and community policies and procedures
according to the Sales Manual, Employee Handbook, General
Administrative Procedures (GAP) Book and Safety Manual.
13. Complies with the legal policies and procedures. Promotes and
ensures compliance with Fair Housing laws and other
industry-related federal, state, and local laws. Maintains
documentation verifying compliance.
14. Reviews resident notices to vacate and advises residents of
15. Completes all administrative documentation for the move-out
16. Receives rent payments from residents, completes resident
receipts, post rent payments to resident accounts and updates
17. Updates resident records as necessary.
18. Assists in maintaining the physical appearance of the community
by picking up grounds, performing minor apartment cleaning and
tough-up, and ensuring the common areas are clean and neat.
19. Assists the Community Manager in completing administrative and
clerical tasks as requested.
20. Participates in all mandatory training programs.
21. Responsible for reporting to work on time as scheduled and
complying with dress code.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to communicate and maintain good relationships with
Corporate Office employees, residents and corporate employees.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic
3. Proficiency in customer service and sales.
4. Good verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. High school diploma, G.E.D. or additional equivalent
2. Prior experience in a customer service or sales position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands of the job described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to
handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and
hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee normally
works primarily in a temperature-controlled indoor environment, but
may occasionally work in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse
Keywords: Shelton-Cook Real Estate Services, Albuquerque , Leasing Consultant- Silverado, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!