Company: Tempur Sealy
Posted on: May 19, 2019
World's largest mattress manufacturing facility is currently
looking for two forklift operators! Must be able to work Monday -
Thursday; 6 am to 4:30 pm; and as the production schedule
Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation
leave, sick leave, floating holidays, company uniforms, free
uniform laundry service, temperature controlled environment, and
more) included in this opportunity.
A Forklift Operator is responsible for driving powered industrial
truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop,
lift boom with swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating
platform or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move
products, equipment or materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all safety guidelines and participate as fully-empowered
team member to achieve organization-wide goal of zero
- Moves levers and pushes pedals to drive truck and control
movement of lift apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform or other lifting device under,
over or around loaded pallets skids, boxes, products, or materials
and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks materials by raising and lowering lifting
- Inventories materials on work floor and supplies workers with
materials, as needed.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or
- Lubricates truck and recharges, maintains and changes out
batteries, as needed.
- Loads/unload trucks.
- Complete all documentation required in the shipping or receiving
- Store, count, move, mark and issue materials in accordance with
shipping and receiving department processes and procedures, either
verbal or written.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervision.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
- Basic knowledge of PC usage required to include using a mouse,
Microsoft Windows, and data entry operations.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Slip-sheet Forklift experience a plus
- Material handling experience a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and other
personnel. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent
- Basic math skills are needed to include addition, subtraction,
- Must be able to measure using the metric system.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Fork truck driver's license and certificate of training is
- Must have a valid New Mexico Drivers' License.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit and ride for extended periods; to stand
and talk or hear; repetitively use hands to touch, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to identify color.
- The employee is often required to sit and stoop, kneel, or
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts.
- Safety glasses, ear protection and safety shoes are required for
specific tasks associated with the shipping function..
Keywords: Tempur Sealy, Albuquerque , Forklift Driver, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!