Senior Transportation Designer
Posted on: February 11, 2024
Overview:NV5 is actively searching for a highly qualified Senior
Transportation Designer to join our dynamic team within the
Transportation Engineering Group based in our Albuquerque office.
The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of expertise in highway and
roadway planning and design, coupled with a proven track record of
utilizing industry-leading software such as Autocad/Civil3D and
Microstation/Inroads for design development and the meticulous
preparation of construction plans. In this role, you will play a
pivotal role in shaping transportation infrastructure projects,
contributing your specialized skills to ensure the success and
efficiency of our engineering endeavors. The preferred candidate
should possess a deep understanding of the intricacies involved in
highway and roadway design, demonstrating proficiency in applying
innovative solutions to overcome challenges and optimize project
outcomes. If you are a seasoned designer seeking a challenging and
rewarding career opportunity, we invite you to apply and join our
team at the forefront of transportation engineering excellence!
- Apply advanced CAD techniques to complex transportation design
projects utilizing Autocad/Civil 3D and Microstation/Inroads.
- Plan, create, and produce design and construction plan drawings
from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, and written or
- Work directly with Department Director and Project Managers to
plan and implement project design and production requirements.
- Implement company and client CAD standards and Quality
- Work closely with project team members, other departments, and
sub-consultants to ensure drawings convey complete and correct
- Mentor and train others to raise the overall level of CAD
expertise in the Group.
- Provide oversight and direction to less experienced staff as
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Associates/technical degree in an engineering related field is
- 10 years experience in transportation design, including
roadways/highways, grading, storm drainage, and utility systems
- Thorough knowledge of the principals of design and construction
for roadways and related infrastructure.
- Expert skill level with AutoCAD/Civil3D and
- Extensive experience and progressive responsibility for
construction plan preparation including plan and profiles,
cross-sections, grading and drainage plans, bridge and structure
plans, traffic plans, utility plans, and other related plans. Must
have a great eye for drawing presentation, attention to detail, and
- Ability to independently plan, schedule, and perform multiple
assignments with broad generalized instruction.
- Demonstrates initiative and acknowledges and accepts
- Experience with NMDOT design standards and practices is
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with GIS software.
- Availability to occasionally work overtime, including weekends,
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication
- Demonstrates best practices techniques and a willingness to
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required. NV5 offers a
competitive compensation and benefits package including medical,
dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional
development/advancement opportunities. NV5 provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws
governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Albuquerque , Senior Transportation Designer, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!