Posted on: January 15, 2022
Construction Specialist Job Summary
Now offering $28.04-42.06/hour + potential 5% quarterly bonus.
Responsible for overseeing/monitoring the activities of
Construction Technicians and/or contractors to ensure new
construction, repair, and system maintenance activities are
completed in accordance with established standards. Administers
some aspects of construction activities, including materials,
labor, and resource allocation planning. Acts as lead in teams and
projects. Has developed knowledge and skills in own discipline.
Still acquiring higher level skills. Works with moderate guidance
in own area of knowledge.
Construction Specialist Core Responsibilities
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction
duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles,
transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and
safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards
to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs,
and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits
to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in
regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and
inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects,
materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Performs on the field ride-out/walk-out of project sites for
the purpose of surveying, gathering and recording details, finding
solutions, monitoring progress, performing post-construction
- Coordinates all phases of construction projects including
pre-construction meetings, site surveys, permit and license
applications, make-ready, design and documentation, material
procurement, contract labor requirements, and plant
- Oversees the activity of subcontractors.
- Meets and interacts with Government/Town officials and
representatives from Utilities, Contractors, outside agencies,
consultants and internal business partners.
- Provides technical advice and engineering support to other
departments including Procurement, Warehouse, Legal, Government
Relations, and Design Center functions.
- Develops cost estimates for a project, monitors job costs,
evaluates change orders and controls the cost of work in progress
- Knowledge of the National Electric Codes
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Construction
Specialist Core Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5 years relative work experience
- Pay based upon experience
We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools that are personalized to meet the needs of your
reality-to help support you physically, financially and emotionally
through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Comcast NBCUniversal brings together the best in media and
technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best
entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we
set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses
and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations
and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an
amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring
cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of
customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our
vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future
in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Employment Opportunity /
Affirmative Action / Drug-Free workplace employer.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Keywords: Comcast, Albuquerque , Construction Specialists/Lead, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!