Principal Security Consultant, Cyber
Company: Presidio, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
COME BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH PRESIDIO!We know technology is the
key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we
provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their
business. While technology permits that connection, technology
without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio,
we know that it's our people that make the connections happen.WHY
YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for
outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits.
Presidio is a leading IT solutions provider focused on Digital
Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging
solutions.THE ROLE: - Principal Security ConsultantPresidio is
seeking a Principal Security Consultant to join our team in a
remote capacity.Reporting to the Director of Security Governance, a
Principal Security Governance Consultant is expected to have a deep
level of expertise and vast knowledge base in core information
security governance, risk, compliance, and private domains. It is
critical that a Principal Security Governance Consultant be able to
present complex solutions and topics in a concise manner. - The
consultant must be comfortable blending multiple service offerings
and deliverables into a single aggregate final risk
report/deliverable and executive presentation for audiences of all
levels and skillsets. -This is a customer-facing role. You will be
required to travel to client locations to deliver professional
services when needed.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead customer engagements and project execution providing
information security consultation and assessment services, helping
our clients meet their compliance obligations by evaluating their
business, technology, and operations against industry security
- Educate, mentor, advise, and share your expertise with clients
and colleagues to aid in making decisions on topics like strategy
and scope as well as deep and highly technical projects like vCISO
services or ISO 27001 program development.
- Provide clear, organized findings and recommendations to
clients and tracking progress towards resolution and
- Consult/advise with C-level Security Leaders (CISO, CSO, CIO,
etc.) and the Board of Directors with our most valued and strategic
- Develop strategic, operational, and tactical recommendations
tailored to each customer with the intent to improve a customer's
security posture and compliance position.
- Create detailed strategic security roadmaps with short-term,
mid-term, and long-term goals that prioritize remediation
recommendations and address all instances of non-compliance with
applicable regulatory, statutory, contractual, and organizational
- Lead large security engagements in concert with other
cybersecurity practices and Presidio teams.
- Develop security policies, standards, and procedures that are
custom-tailored to each customer's unique culture, security goals,
and organizational objectives using industry best practices and
- Review, analyze, and assess key factors, including inherent
risk, mitigating controls, business impact, likelihood, and other
key elements to determine organizational security risk.
- Ensure and assess customer alignment to, and/or compliance
with, applicable regulatory, federal, state, local, contractual,
and organizational requirements and best practices standards such
as ISO 27001, NIST CSF, PCI DSS, HIPAA, FERPA, NERC CIP, NIST
800-171, CMMC, etc.
- Work closely with organizations to conduct security program
development by establishing the foundation for a best-of-breed
security program architecture reference model using industry
frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, NIST Cyber
Security Framework (CSF), etc.
- Work with other seasoned Principal Security Consultants in a
collaborative setting to support and assist on the execution and
delivery of key services such as vCISO Advisory Services, security
program development, documentation review, and security consulting
- Assist the practice Directors in cybersecurity administrative
functions, such as documentation maintenance, documentation
creation, peer review, and other internal cybersecurity
- Ability to travel up to 30%. -Required Skills:
- Previous professional experience providing consultative
- Strong professional expertise in information security with the
ability to thoroughly understand complex principles and apply them
- Comfortably present security concepts and/or findings to both
highly technical and entirely non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work
alone or in small teams, achieve established goals and objectives,
and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Must be analytical, innovative, possess a strong sense of
attention to detail.
- Strong cross-functional team participant and collaborative
approach to problem-solving.
- Manage and guide engagement members to engagement
- Prior experience working closely with customers and
collaborating with IT staff is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational
skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently as required by
a given situation.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and
- Working knowledge of Security Testing and Audit Platforms
(Nessus, NMAP, etc.).
- Working knowledge of host/network common vulnerabilities and
exploits (CVEs, IAVAs, etc.), hacker methodologies and tactics, and
the tools used.
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint).Additional Desired Skills:
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional departments
within Presidio and the customer.
- Willingness to learn from our close-knit group as well as
contributing thoughts, tools, industry news or lessons
- Desire to grow the business by identifying up-sell
opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Experience with project deliverables from a VAR/Integrator is
- Ability to maintain tact, composure, and professionalism in an
interrupt-driven environment and/or when challenged by
- Ability to be flexible and embrace change.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage their own tasks into a
larger project or program effort.
- Ambitious and goal-oriented, with the initiative to work until
the job is complete.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus on Information Security, IT,
Computer Science, or Engineering or the equivalent work and/or
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience conducting Information
Security risk and compliance assessments.
- 3-5 years' experience evaluating compliance with regulatory and
key IT standards such as HIPAA/HITECH, PCI DSS, NIST CSF, ISO
27001, GDPR/CCPA, NERC CIP, and other similar
- Strongly prefer candidates with payment card (QSA, PCI DSS,
PA-DSS, P2PE, PFI), financial (GLBA, SOX, SSAE 18), and/or health
care (HIPAA/HITECH) experience.
- Current information security certifications such as CISM, CISA,
CISSP, ISO 27001 LI, are preferred.*****ABOUT PRESIDIOPresidio is
committed to -Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest
levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic
DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. -
Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our
differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective
achievements.Presidio is a leading global IT solutions provider
assisting clients in harnessing technology innovation and
simplifying IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses
and drive return on IT investment. Our Digital Infrastructure,
Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions enable our
almost 7,000 middle market, enterprise, and government clients to
take advantage of new digital revenue streams, omnichannel customer
experience models, and the rich data insights generated by those
interactions.We serve as an extension of our clients' IT teams,
providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core
business. - Within Presidio's 40+ US offices and offices in
Ireland, London, Singapore, and India, we support 2,800+
professionals, including 1,600 technical engineers. - Presidio is a
trusted advisor to our clients on a national level while also
bringing our global scale and expertise to bear.For more
information visit: - -*****Presidio is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All
qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position
regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age,
sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local
statutes, regulations and ordinances.To read more about
discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: - -
-(Get Acrobat Reader)If you have any difficulty using our online
system and need an accommodation in the job application process due
to a disability, please send an email to - -for assistance.Presidio
is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of
protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services,
please provide priority referrals to -. -RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
PLEASE NOTE: -Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee
of Presidio. - Any candidate information received from any
Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of
Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of
Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by
Presidio Talent Acquisition. - No payment will be made to any
Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific
approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in
recruitment efforts for Presidio.#LI-PH1#CB
Keywords: Presidio, Inc., Albuquerque , Principal Security Consultant, Cyber, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!