Operational Excellence Analyst
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Title: Operational Excellence Analyst
Full-TimeIC- Mid LevelDenver, CO
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
State/Business Line Specific: Management Company
Reports to: Director, Operational Excellence
Job SummaryThe Operations Analyst supports InnovAge's Operations
teams by tracking, trending, and providing day to day monitoring of
all key operational processes to ensure quality and compliance.
Reporting to the Director, Operational Excellence, and in
collaboration with the Regional Chief Operating Officers, the
Operations Analyst will interact with management, other key
regional, local, and interdisciplinary team's clinicians,
operations, and department staff including information
The Operations Analyst identifies and supports areas of focus for
the organization's process improvement efforts and evaluation of
potential areas of opportunity and risk, incorporating best
practices and interpreting data, producing both long-term and
short-term activities, deliverables. In collaboration with the
Operations teams helps identify innovative solutions that drive
measurable benefits to the organization.
The Operations Analyst helps ensure that Operational & Compliance
key performance indicators and quality benchmarks are met by
partnering with Business, Clinical, Quality, and Compliance teams.
Produces reports and presentations on performance trends to
proactively identify specific variances and resolve issues and
problems. Works collaboratively with report requestors, providing
guidance to define report requirements and validate results.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Operations/Key Process MonitoringEstimated
Percent of time Spent - 100%
- Provides Day to Day tracking, trending, and monitoring to
actively maintain the level of Compliance.
- Analysts work with SME colleagues within and across InnovAge to
define, design and develop analytic solutions to improve operations
and reduce risks
- Helps operations teams meet operating KPIs and drives
performance by providing day to day monitoring of key processes and
identifying deviation and trends. This includes regular tracking
and trending and reporting on operating KPI's to support COO in the
- Collaborates with Quality and Compliance to drive achievement
of quality initiatives and reduce compliance risks
- Enables cross-functional alignment, standardization, and
execution supporting regional and corporate leadership.
- Interacts with leadership, interdisciplinary teams, and
frontline staff to identify and facilitate implementation of
standardized practices and recommends enhancements to processes or
stands to support mitigation of risk and correction plans.
- Tracks progress and remediation of plan of correction and
performance improvement activities related to internal audits,
state audits and/or CMS audits
- Participates in quality assurance related projects throughout
- Performs root cause analysis and LEAN value stream analysis to
develop improvement plans and actionable solutions related to
operational processes as requested by leadership.
- Actively resolves issues and problems facilitating ownership
and solution workshops.
- Tracks Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreement
(SLA) and presents trends to proactively identify specific variance
in practice patterns.
- Works collaboratively with report requestors, providing
guidance to define report requirements and validate results.
- Identifies opportunities for operational inefficiencies and
collaborates with Regional Triad leadership for
- Works collaboratively across departments to understand and meet
the organization's analytic needs.
- Meets productivity and timeline targets and uses tools to track
activities and timelines.
- Operates as user administrator for EMR reports, data queries,
and other operational requests.
- Assists with mock surveys and proof of concepts
- Travel between InnovAge worksites
- Overnight travel out of state
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
REQUIREDEducationBachelor's degree in health-related field,
information management or public/business administration.Licensure,
Certification, Registration or Designation
Work Experience and Qualifications
- 2-5 years of work experience in a CMS, managed care, hospital,
clinical provider practice or other comparable business experience,
preferably in a quality/performance improvement setting.
- Experience working with databases, large data sets, multiple
data sources and interpreting complex data to create meaningful
- Experience managing projects, tasks, dead-lines, and priorities
in a fast-paced organization.
- Exhibits critical thinking and problem-solving skills with
demonstrated role model skill in software use, computer literacy
and communication/customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as
facilitate team-based working sessions managing multiple priorities
and deadlines.PREFERREDEducationSee above
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
- LEAN Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Analysis, or
other Problem-solving/Continuous Improvement Certifications
preferred.Work Experience and Qualifications
- Proficiency in understanding Healthcare-related data and
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
preferredOther Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be computer proficient and possess experience with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to analyze data and statistics and draw reasonable
conclusions and compile accurate reports.
- Experience with P/L and developing and managing budgets
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and
tactfully present information to, and communicate with, co-workers,
employees, and others.
- Possess exceptional English written and verbal communication
skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence
- Ability to read and write memos, reports, and correspondence
that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive,
self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance
with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of
diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
InnovAge Service Standards RequirementsSafety
- Safety- Maintains a safe workplace. Reports all unsafe work
conditions to supervisor and/or Safety & Loss Control Manager and
works in conjunction with supervisor, Safety & Loss Control
Manager, and staff to correct unsafe work conditions. Follows and
enforces all safety policies.Accountability
- Commitment - Commits to his/her job and to the success of the
company. Continuously puts forth the effort to achieve goals and
continuous quality improvement. Degree to which employee goes the
extra step to ensure job/task completion. Takes initiative to offer
ideas to improve processes or results.
- Cooperativeness - Consistently supports management decisions as
demonstrated by his/her actions. Demonstrates a "can do" attitude
by responding positively to instructions. Follows instructions and
works harmoniously with others to complete the job or task.
- Attendance - Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance
expectations/requirements. Faithfully reports to work and conforms
to scheduled work hours. When necessitated, follows call-in
procedures and informs others of absences.Caring
- Customer Service - Embraces the organization's commitment to
internal and external customer service and demonstrates a
customer-centric approach when interacting with co-workers,
participants, clients, and all other business contacts.
- Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of employee,
participant, and client data/information, and any other sensitive
organization information as appropriate.Integrity
- Adherence to Company Policy - Follows and enforces guidelines
as established by policies. Conforms to company and job standards
and requirements. Shows respect for others. Acts in the best
interests of the company at all times. Serves as an example for
others. Conducts business in an ethical fashion.
- Reliability - Completes responsibilities with minimal direct
supervision. Follows through with assigned jobs and tasks all the
way through completion. Puts forth the effort to achieve goals and
objectives under varying circumstances.
- Alignment with Company Goals & Objectives - Supports the
organization's mission, vision, and values and holding
self-accountable for applying these principles daily and personally
living them when working with co-workers, participants, clients,
and all other business contacts.Quality
- Quantity of Work / Productivity - Produces at a high volume.
Always puts forth the effort to maximize productivity. Meets or
exceeds established work deadlines. Engages in a productive work
effort whenever possible. Meets goals and objectives.
- Quality of Work - Produces work that is accurate and reliable.
Accomplishes work quickly and efficiently. Works in a thorough and
organized manner while minimizing down time. Results are
consistently within acceptable quality standards.
- Job Knowledge - Demonstrates a thorough understanding of
his/her job processes and procedures. Integrates knowledge to
efficiently accomplish job requirements. Efficiently uses resources
(including staff and management) to obtain additional
- Communication - Exhibits good interpersonal skills. Develops
and fosters professional relationships with co-workers,
participants, clients, and vendors. Keeps others informed as
directed by operational demands and need-to-know. Keeps self
informed of announcement made via established company venues
Enter physical requirements/Work Environment based on location of
PHYSICAL DEMANDSMust possess mobility to work in a standard office
setting, or clinical setting, and use standard office equipment,
including a computer, and medical equipment; vision (close
distance, long distance, depth and peripheral) to assess emergency
situations, including medical incidents and to read printed
materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to
communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone.
Depending on assignment, standing in work areas and walking between
work areas may be required, and travel to visit various cultural,
physical, behavioral and environmental settings may be required.
Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data
using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard, or calculator and
to operate standard office and medical equipment. Positions in this
classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and
pull drawers open and closed. Reasonable accommodations will be
made for individuals on a case-by-case basis.WORKING
CONDITIONSEmployees primarily work in an office environment with
moderate noise levels and fluctuating indoor temperatures.
Employees may work outdoors and are occasionally exposed to loud
noise levels and cold and/or hot temperatures. Incumbents may be
exposed to blood and body fluids while working in a Center.
Employees may interact with members of the public or with staff
under emotionally stressful conditions while interpreting and
enforcing departmental policies and procedures.STRESS FACTORSMay
require working under stressful conditions with pressure to meet
scheduled deadlines. There may be distractions such as phone calls,
work interruptions, and communication from co-workers and
participants with the need to respond and intervene appropriately
to multiple interruptions.
Keywords: InnovAge, Albuquerque , Operational Excellence Analyst, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!