Posted on: May 5, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
Performance Location: The individual filling this position will be
supporting PAE on a contract for the US Department of State and
working at the US Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan. Periodic travel
with extended overnight stays may be required while working on
projects at other locations in Afghanistan. Percentage of travel
will vary significantly but on average is expected to be less than
10% of the total time.
Working Environment: The candidate will work in a traditional
office setting as well as construction and maintenance sites
including exposure to the dangers inherent with traveling to and
working on such sites.
Work Schedule: This position works ten hours/day six days a week
minimum. The candidate participates in a duty phone rotation and
must be willing to quickly respond to emergencies and contingencies
as they occur to ensure the continued 24/7 operations of the
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a full range of HVAC Services to the Embassy and all
satellite sites under the direction of the AEK HVAC Supervisor
including repair of environmental-control systems using knowledge
of chillers, refrigeration theory, pipefitting, structural layout,
- Mount compressor, condenser units and air handlers using hand
tools following blueprint, engineering specifications and
- Ability to use sheet metal hand tools and shop fabrication
- Measure, cut and assemble PVC and copper tubing and fittings,
including braze/solder copper/copper, copper/brass, and
- Connect blower motors (1/4-70hp), compressors, temperature
controls, humidity controls, and connect control panels to power
- Replace defective breaker controls, contactors, thermostats,
switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units
using electrician's hand tools.
- Install, repair, maintain and service air conditioners,
- Installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC piping systems and
- Maintain, repair, and replace Variable Frequency Drives
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Experience and Qualification Levels:
The HVAC Technician shall have the following experience for this
- Knowledge in the discipline of operations and maintenance
projects in an austere international environment is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years'
experience in Operations and Maintenance services, with a minimum
of three years' experience in physical plant and building
operations of large facilities.
- Experience with York and Multistack chillers up to 270 tons is
- Prior experience with Siemens and Honeywell DDC BAS systems is
- Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural workforce.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills and the
ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions
independently. Ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and
prepare daily reports and work orders.
- Must be able to work from wiring diagrams.
- An AS degree in HVAC/Refrigeration from a two-year college is
preferred but not required.
- Ten years field experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
sufficient to effectively communicate with employees, management
and the client.
Licenses & Certifications:
- EPA Section 608 Certified.
- Boiler Operator license is preferred.
- Certificate of completion from a recognized apprenticeship
program is preferred.
Clearance:Must have an active Secret security clearance.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring
practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United
States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, family structure, medical condition including
genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental
or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the
job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or
any other protected category under federal, state, or local
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Associated topics: air,
environmental, fuel, gas, heat, hvac technician, hvac r, repair,
Keywords: PAE, Albuquerque , HVAC TECHNICIAN, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!