CDL Transport Driver
Company: AmeriGas Propane
Posted on: November 21, 2020
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company,
serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from
1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Transport Driver drives a tanker truck (11,400 gallon capacity)
to pick up propane at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline
terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area AmeriGas
facilities. The driver will make four to five pick-ups and
deliveries per day, driving an average of 500 miles per day and
working up to 14 hours per day. Approximately 80 percent of the
driver's time is spent driving or waiting in line at the supply
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the tanker truck to pick up propane at the refinery and
deliver to area AmeriGas facilities; approximately 45 minutes is
required to load or unload the truck.
• Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane
into the tanker.
• Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses
stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the
truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter;
and 19 feet long, 1½ inches in diameter.
• Perform twice daily truck inspections.
• May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at
the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
• 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
• 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
• Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
• Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card
• No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
• No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass
a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment
drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be
subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas
policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive
work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use
medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician.
Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using
medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Delivery, Medical, Truck Driver, Supply, Refinery,
Retail, Healthcare, Operations, Energy
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Albuquerque , CDL Transport Driver, Professions , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!