Career Services Advisor
Company: Pima Medical Institute
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Facilitate externship placement for all Certificate Program
students and assist all graduates with procurement of
* Develop and implement plans and strategies to achieve graduate
* Acquire externship sites through cold calling, direct telephone
sales, e-mail contacts, on-line searches, networking via
professional associations, and follow-up with PMI alumni, staff,
faculty and Advisory Board members.
* Determine optimum externship site for each student based on a
skills/assessment checklist completed by all students, with their
instructors' input; coordinate externship interview, if
appropriate, and complete site assignment directly with site
* Monitor and track externship site availability, via ongoing
contact (in-person, phone, e-mail and fax) with available and
potential externship sites.
* Conduct pre-externship orientation workshops with all seniors
immediately prior to commencement of externship.
* Conduct site visits to monitor externship students' progress,
discuss and oversee implementation of required actions requested to
overcome students' challenges, and determine appropriate follow-up;
facilitate completion of Midterm and Final Evaluations by site
* Conduct job search workshops (and coordinate with Clinical
Directors, when appropriate), to assist and train students /
graduates with networking, resume and cover letter writing, job
searches, interviewing techniques, and soft skills awareness and
* Advise not-yet-placed graduates toward optimizing job search
activities, including review and revision of graduates' portfolios
(cover letters, resumes, awards, certifications, transcript,
military service acknowledgment, reference letters, etc.)
* Facilitate and/or participate in Advisory Board meetings, sharing
statistical data regarding retention and placement, updating
members regarding curriculum changes, and soliciting suggestions
from Advisors, particularly as new approaches may influence
readiness for marketability and employment of our graduates.
* Participate in campus and off-campus events, including
graduation, job fairs and marketing events.
CampusVue - Monitoring progress of students/graduates; ensuring
externship site/employer availability.
* Facilitate acquisition and detail receipt of requisite
documentation (background check, drug screen, CPR / OSHA / HIPAA
certification, immunizations, licenses, national certification
* Log all telephone calls: (i) from/to students/grads; (ii) from/to
existing and potential externship sites and employers.
* Ensure all students' requisite documents are complete prior to
* Prepare externship packets to accommodate documentation of
students' externship attendance and progress, as acknowledged by
* Enter attendance for all externship students from timesheets they
submit weekly; run CampusVue LDA report to monitor missing
attendance and follow-up to ensure attendance accuracy.
* Prepare students' files and compile all fully-completed
documentation in conjunction with students' exit interviews;
coordinate externship follow-up activities (with Financial Aid and
Registrar) in preparation for graduation.
* Verify and enter all data relevant to employment of graduates in
* Search for and maintain lists / links detailing job openings;
inform graduates of openings.
* Prepare marketing packets, call, e-mail and visit potential sites
/ employers in effort to build partnership opportunities and record
marketing efforts in CampusVue to ensure updated contact
information, as well as calendaring required follow-up actions.
* Maintain accurate data base of employers / externship sites, and
update database daily.
* Generate Placement reports from CampusVue to monitor externship
and graduate placements, track daily activities, and detail results
* Other duties as assigned by Career Services Coordinator or Campus
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be
* Associate's Degree preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Two (2) years of recruitment/staffing experience preferred.
* Minimum typing speed required: 50 wpm.
* Computer and word processing skills.
* Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience
that meets the minimum qualifications.
Keywords: Pima Medical Institute, Albuquerque , Career Services Advisor, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!