PATIENT CARE TECH
Company: University of New Mexico - Hospitals
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Shift Differentials - 17% - Monday - Thursday Nights & -26%
Friday - Sunday Nights Sign-on Bonus available5-W serves patients
with multiple types of medical conditions. COVID-19 patients.
-Internal Medicine patients with acute exacerbation of chronic
illnesses. We are currently the primary COVID-19 progressive care
inpatient unit of our organization.Department: General Medicine
Provide direct, non-invasive, and routine patient care and related
support services within an in-patient or out-patient environment.
Interview patients and take vital signs. Perform activities of
daily living (ADLs). Maintain supplies and equipment. Delivers
dirty instrument trays. Transport patients. Assist orientation of
new staff members. Position patients unable to do self- care.
Assist patients with prescribed exercise regimen; perform routine
tube care; change catheter bags; collect non sterile specimens;
perform oral suctioning; perform I&O including documentation of
bowel & bladder function. Observe patients. Operate Hoyer lift;
perform daily heights and weights. Ensure adherence to Hospitals
and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care may include
Neonate, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT OBSERVATION - Observe patient to ensure their safety and
well being; report observations to Charge Nurse or appropriate
* PATIENT CARE - Provide basic patient care; take and record vital
signs to include temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height,
blood pressure and intake-output measurements
* PATIENT CARE - Assist with activities of daily living (ADL):
meals, ambulation, hygiene, linen change and toileting as
* PATIENT CARE - Maintain therapeutic plan of care and minute to
minute care of patient who is at extreme risk to self or others
* PATIENT CARE - Complete documentation as required on the
Electronic Medical Record
* PATIENT CARE - Complete specific skills listed in the "University
of New Mexico, Unlicensed Assistive Personnel Specific Functions"
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, reading current literature,
attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies,
procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient
safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through
questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental
conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety
concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in
their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or
situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* High School or GED Equivalent
* CNA or Cert EMTB (ICU) or 1 semester accredit nurs pgm
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or
6 months patient care experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of
force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand
requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Limited access to med room. Med Admin Policy, Att A
Department: Clinical Nursing Support
Keywords: University of New Mexico - Hospitals, Albuquerque , PATIENT CARE TECH, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!