Company: New Mexico Bank & Trust
Posted on: January 26, 2023
New Mexico Bank and Trust is an equal opportunity employer
committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status, among other factors.
New Mexico Bank and Trust is a growing dynamic organization with
many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial
solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance
driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with
high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth
and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes
"Great Things Happen!"---
The Business Banker is responsible for originating new business
banking relationships and the cross selling of existing clients
within a portfolio, generally with customer annual revenue under
$10 Million. Focus is on growing deposits, loans and fee income in
a profitable manner.
- Participates in the business development activities of the
- Identifies appropriate prospects within defined target markets,
generally with annual revenues under $10 Million, creates and
manages an effective prospect list and perform activities to ensure
growth in loan, deposit and fee income portfolios.
- Serves our prospects and customers through a consultative
selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and
tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them
accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
- Partners with and refers to other bank departments, such as
Retail, Private Banking and Treasury Management, to identify other
appropriate products and services.
- Participates in the underwriting and documentation of the
- Utilizes the business case discussion and subsequent meetings
with bank management, the Small Business Loan Center, the credit
department, industry specialists and other interested parties to
exchange information and ideas, and to seek to understand the
opinions of others.
- Participates in the management of a loan portfolio.
- Monitors the portfolio for credit quality. Understands, detects
and reports the early warning signs of problem credits so as to
minimize the risk of credit loss and to maintain appropriate risk
ratings on all loans.
- Assists the bank in achieving positive CRA metrics by
collaborating with bank-level, regional or HTLF CRA Officers.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- Bachelors Banking, Business Administration/Management, Finance
- related field of study required
- 3-5 years banking related experience preferably with lending
related experience in Commercial Banking or other relevant job
- Formal Credit Training
- Equivalent education and experience.
- Valid driver's license and personal transportation.
Standard ADA Selection: Office and Administrative Support
- Standing - Frequently
- Walking - Occasionally
- Sitting - Frequently
- Lifting - Occasionally
- Carrying - Occasionally
- Pushing - Rarely
- Pulling - Rarely
- Balancing - Rarely
- Kneeling - N/A
- Crouching - Rarely
- Reaching - Rarely
- Repetitive Motions - Frequently
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination - Constantly
- Working Environment:
- Extreme cold - N/A
- Extreme heat - N/A
- Humidity - N/A
- Wet - N/A
- Noise - Rarely
- Hazards - N/A
- Temperature Change - N/A
- Atmospheric Conditions - N/A
- Vibration - N/A
- Standard Business Hours:
Standard business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to
5:00 p.m. Exempt employees are expected to work as long as it takes
to accomplish the goals and deliverables of the position;
typically, a minimum of 40-45 hours per week.
- Est. Amount - 70%
- Driving Requirements:
- Est. Amount - 70%
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: New Mexico Bank & Trust, Albuquerque , Business Banker, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!