Dining Services Worker
Company: Amaran Senior Living
Posted on: January 25, 2023
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Dining Services Worker responsibilities include waiting tables,
delivering room service orders, bussing tables & washing dishes,
maintaining the cleanliness & organization of work areas (kitchen
service area, hospitality bar, dining room, private dining,
dining/caf-- patios, and other venues), and assisting the Dining
Services Directors and cooks to prep for meals as requested.
- Organizes and prepares the dining areas for service of
- Makes the coffee and sets up beverages in preparation for meal
- Prepares cold foods, fruit dishes, desserts, bread baskets,
etc.in preparation for meal service.
- Delivers food items prepared for memory care residents to the
memory care neighborhood
- Participates in pre & post service huddles with Dining Service
Team & others assisting with service.
- Knowledgeable of menu items (including beer/wine), alternates
and diet menu items, and to offer/assist residents with
- To perform wait service responsibilities for the
- Preset tables with decanters of ice water
- Take and serve beverage order
- Take and serve soup or salad order
- Take and serve main entr--e order
- Take and serve dessert order
- Be attentive - offering beverage refills and alternatives when
a resident or guest is displeased with their meal
- Be polite and work quickly
- Collect payment for guest meals (credit card or resident
- Document non-resident meals served
- Bus as you go - never enter the kitchen without dishes in your
hands or leave without taking items that need to be
- Wash hands prior to meal service, in between touching soiled
dishes & clean dishes, anytime your hands come in contact with your
face, a resident/guest, or other surface that could contaminate
- To sell/serve beer & wine, when holding a state approved
license to serve alcoholic beverages and when given the authority
to do so by the Dining Services Director or Administrator
- Be familiar with the beers and wines offered
- Offer beer/wine to residents/guests with their meal
- Collect payment for beer/wine (credit card or resident account
- Follow all related policies & procedures
- To prepare room service orders/carts and deliver to resident
apartment/alternative dining venue. Document room service order on
- To clean & reset the dining room, hospitality bar, service area
of the kitchen and other areas as assigned.
- Using sanitation solution wipe down tables & chairs, condiment
holders, and counter tops/surfaces.
- Refill condiments/condiment holders
- Refresh the hospitality bar with coffee, hot water for tea,
assorted teas, sugar, creamer & other condiments, fruit infused ice
water, a bowl of fruit and snacks for residents to help themselves
to, and non-deposable dishes.
- Reset tables per policy.
- To clean/sanitize and restock the kitchen service
- To wash, dry & store dishes - maintaining a clean &
well-organized dish washing area.
- Record the temperatures of wash and rinse water. Report to cook
in charge when temperatures are not within the proper sanitizing
- Pre-soak silverware in appropriate cleaning solution.
- Organize the dishwashing area, proper racking and washing of
meal service ware and working both soiled and clean ends.
- Sort all dishes as they come from machine, check for
cleanliness and stack in clean dish storage carts and
- Sort flatware and place in canisters to send back through the
machine to be sanitized. Polish when removed from machine.
- Return all sanitized dishes to proper storage areas.
- To close down dishwashing area in a clean and well-organized
- Delime machined table.
- Turn off the tank heater in the dishwasher and refill with
- Polish all stainless steel including the dishwasher and garbage
- Clean kitchen carts (including wheels) and lowerators.
- Follow written Dining Policies and Procedures.
- Follow sanitation and safety procedures during the working
- Know and honor resident rights.
- Report suspected incidents of abuse, neglect or exploitation
per mandated reporting guidelines of the state you work in. Comply
- Attend in-services and other training classes.
- Work to meet goals of the Community with enthusiasm and a
spirit of cooperation.
What makes our company a great place to work?
Our sincere approach:
Our Mission - Making a difference by cultivating purposeful
connections, bringing joy & opportunity.
Our Values - Wisdom, Excellence, Purpose, Innovation, Integrity,
Grace, Gratitude, Synergy
Pay - We know that pay is important to you, and we seek to pay our
employees well. We conduct regular wage surveys and when a
cost-of-living increase is due we pass the increase along to both
current and on-coming employees. In addition, we offer pay rate
increases at 90-days & annually.
Our Culture - We take leadership seriously and are dedicated to
creating a positive, warm and inclusive environment
We Listen - We'll check in with you often through our app just to
see how your shift went and make sure we are providing you all the
tools and support you need to be successful.
We Care - We regularly recognize team members that exemplify our
mission and values (see job description below) through our Employee
Training & Opportunities:
Grow Your Career - We offer online certification programs,
on-the-job training and may cover your cost for job related
Opportunities for Advancement - Our Team Members are considered
first for openings in Leadership positions.
Personal Growth Plans - We desire to know YOU and to support you in
your senior living career endeavors.
- To celebrate YOU, you get to your BIRTHDAY OFF as a paid
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay, including the evenings before Christmas & New
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Pay on Demand (similar to paycheck advances)
- Discounted employee meals
- Work with Friends - earn bonuses for referring the people you
- Benefit Hub that gives access to discounts to over 2800
We review applications daily and will be in touch with you very
- Must be at least 16 years of age unless the position requires
serving alcohol, then you must meet the age requirement to obtain
license/certification in the state you work in
- ServSafe or similar certification/Food Handler Card
- Meet requirements for criminal history screening
- Pass Abuse Registry Check (where applicable)
- Pass required drug/alcohol screenings
- This is a physically active position
- Ability to walk continually throughout the day
- Ability to push and pull dining carts and carry
- Visual and auditory acuity within normal limits
- Bending, kneeling and occasionally reach above the shoulder
level and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use handheld device and other computer equipment for
point of sale orders
- Ability to use commercial kitchen equipment safely and be
exposed to heat and cold temperatures
- Sincere interest in providing quality, compassionate and
innovative services for seniors
- Ability to understand the policies and procedures of the
Community including emergency plans
- Follow mandatory reporting requirements and Resident
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills. English skills
adequate to allow communication with residents and staff and be
able to understand written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
This community is an equal opportunity employer.
This employer participates in E-Verify, the federal program for
electronic verification of employment eligibility.
Keywords: Amaran Senior Living, Albuquerque , Dining Services Worker, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!