Company: Goodwill Industries of New Mexico
Location: Los Lunas
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Apply Job Type Full-time Description Do you want more than just
a job? You want to learn and grow and to give back to your
community. You want a sense of fulfillment, a career, not just a
job. Then you want Goodwill Industries of New Mexico (GINM), where
the power of work can transform your life, and the lives of others.
GINM is looking for an enthusiastic, career-minded Retail Associate
to assist our customers and support our mission, which is to
provide skills training, job placement and social services to New
Mexicans. GINM is a second chance employer offering cross training
in different departments and advancement opportunities. Your
day-to-day responsibilities will consist of customer service,
accepting donations, sorting and processing those donations,
stocking the sales floor, cash register operations, just to name a
few. GINM is committed to providing employees what they need to be
successful. Benefits offered: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Dental,
Vision & Medical Coverage, 403b Retirement Plan, Educational
Assistance and more. What are you waiting for? Apply today! Salary
starts at $13/hour, guaranteed 38 hours/week. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is
illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is
not all-inclusive. * Adherence to the attendance and punctuality
policies of Goodwill
* Exhibit excellent customer service skills as related to your
* Maintain confidentiality of all privileged information.
* Performs other incidental and related duties as required and
* Exhibits a professional appearance and maintains a friendly,
cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
* Responds to customer questions and issues in a friendly and
courteous manner; contacts supervisor as needed.
* Provides efficient check-out to all customers; receives cash,
credit cards etc. as payment for goods.
* Counts money to verify amounts, issues correct change, provides
receipt for funds received, wraps and bags merchandise.
* Verifies cash register balances by comparing total on cash
register with the amount of currency in register.
* Maintains work area in an organized manner.
* Promotes sales by setting up displays and organizing and
arranging furniture and merchandise.
* Maintains merchandise on sales floor by stocking racks, counters,
and displays with donated merchandise.
* Maintains cleanliness of store by cleaning shelves, counters and
* Transports boxes, bins and crates to work areas; distributes
items and salvage to appropriate areas; disposes of unsalable
* Responsible to process and price all incoming donations,
including wares, books, shoes, furniture, etc.
* Maintains production levels; documents timely and accurately the
number of items/bins processed.
* Reviews donations for quality; determines which items are routed
to specific areas for further distribution.
* Accepts and receives donations and ensures they are recorded
* Ensures donations area is secured at all times and protect
donations from misuse.
* Operates material handling equipment.
* Attends and participates in regularly scheduled staff
* Observes behavior of customers entering operation; reports
suspicious behavior to supervisor or security. Supervisory
Responsibilities: None Requirements Knowledge, Skills, and
Abilities: * Knowledge of organizational practices, policies and
procedures and compliance with the same.
* Knowledge of and compliance with all safety policies and
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally
and in writing.
* Ability to exhibit excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to read, write and understand English.
* Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with
individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and people
* Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
* Ability to work independently and demonstrate time management
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of visual merchandising, and sales promotion.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts including discounts,
interest and percentages.
* Ability to operate a cash register. Physical Demands and Work
Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the employee
is regularly required to use hands, fingers, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; see, talk and hear. The employee is frequently
required to sit and walk, and may be required to stand for eight or
more hours. Work is generally performed indoors in a retail setting
where the employee will have frequent contact with the public. The
employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
and lift/move up to 50lbs and may occasionally be exposed to
outside weather conditions. Minimum Qualifications: The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and or abilities required for the position. Individuals
must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test. *
High School Diploma/GED, preferred
* One-year retail work experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience, preferred.
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of New Mexico, Albuquerque , Retail Associate, Other , Los Lunas, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!