Clinical Social Worker/Clinical Counselor
Company: Bernalillo County, NM
Posted on: November 25, 2022
$53,248.00 - $79,872.00 Annually
Full Time Regular (FR)
Position Summary & Duties Responsible
POSITION SUMMARYClinical Social Worker/Clinical Counselor will
provide addiction counseling services in accordance with the scope
of licensure to clients at various programs operated by the
department. Provide delivery of treatment services in a manner
consistent with the department's treatment modality. Provide
clinically based training to other professionals within the
department on a variety of topics or as assigned. DUTIES AND
- Gather relevant client information though screening,
assessments and the taking of case histories; evaluate
informational findings to determine client treatment and intensity
- Formulate Individual Service Plans that systemically and
holistically addresses client treatment needs.
- Provide clinically-based training/supervision to other
clinicians and/or interns within the department on a variety of
topics or as assigned.
- Provide therapeutic interventions as appropriate for clients in
crisis situations, i.e., suicide.
- Based on assessed needs, refer clients to other
treatment/supportive needs services, such as medically based
providers, psychological evaluations and other treatment arenas
and/or support groups.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions as appropriate
to licensure level and within the guidelines of the department's
- Provide treatment oriented educational-based group facilitation
following guidelines and protocols consistent with the department's
chosen treatment modality.
- Provide consultation, training and treatment planning for
- Initiate and maintain accurate case files; document notes
relevant to provided care; maintain record of referrals and related
- Prepare documents for presentation; prepare detailed client
progress reports as required.
- Maintain ethical standards of practice, professional
competence, confidentiality, responsibility to clients and
responsibility to the profession per New Mexico occupation and
professional licensing board standards.
- Attend staff meetings and team conference as assigned.
- Performs other job related duties as required or assigned.*The
above information on this job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and
responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or
related field, and five (5) years of work experience in social
work, counseling, psychology, substance abuse (alcohol and drugs)
or related field, plus a current Licensed Master Social worker
(LMSW), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), Licensed
Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Mental Health Counselor
(LMHC), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) or Licensed
Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTSThe offer of this Bernalillo County position
requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment
medical examination and background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the
- Employee must possess and maintain a New Mexico driver's
- Employee must complete required FEMA training(s) as assigned to
- Pursuant to the criminal history screening for Caregivers Act,
Section 29-17-1 through Section 29-17-5 NMSA 1978, new hires at the
Department of Behavioral Health Services facility will be required
to complete a caregiver criminal history screening for all
caregivers. Conviction of a disqualifying condition is cause for
termination or sufficient reason not to hire if applicant has a
disqualifying condition on their record at time of
- All positions may be required to work various shifts and
scheduled per department needs.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Most essential duties are performed indoors in a
- Indoor working surface is even and either carpeted or
- Indoor surfaces are typically dry and may involve the use of
- Work hazards or potential work hazards include those of a
correctional facility environment with exposure to noise and
dangerous situations that could involve serious bodily injury and
other work hazards.
- Works alone primarily, with or without direction; works with
groups at times and/or with select teams.
- Required to work varying shifts and schedules to meet
department needs to include day, swing, nights and/or
weekends.EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
- Utilizes computers and communication equipment on a daily
- May utilizes facility keys, handcuffs, and shackles on a
- May handle first aide and oxygen equipment on an occasional
- Equipment typically used to perform administrative duties
include the fax machine, computer, photocopy machine and
- Materials and products typically handled in the performance of
administrative duties include files, forms, reports, various other
forms of paperwork with a variety of basic office supplies and
Equal Opportunity Employer
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Bernalillo County, NM, Albuquerque , Clinical Social Worker/Clinical Counselor, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!