Transport Operator B29
Company: City of Albuquerque, NM
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Perform refuse transport duties and loading activities utilizing
heavy equipment and eighteen wheel semi-tractor and trailer to
transport refuse between City transfer station/convenience centers
and the landfill; maintain assigned loading and transport equipment
and perform a variety of other related duties in support of the
Solid Waste Department.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to random drug/alcohol
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of
tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification.
Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed
within the job.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
High school diploma or GED; and
Three (3) years of driving experience which requires the possession
of a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Course work in automotive technology, transportation technology or
truck driving preferred.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months
from date of hire.
Trainees must successfully complete both classroom and on the job
training (OJT) instruction for transport operator service.
* Methods and techniques of refuse transport utilizing an eighteen
* Techniques and methods of equipment maintenance and minor
* Operational characteristics of a variety of equipment including,
front-loaders, tract-type excavators, Roll-Off trucks and various
transport equipment and vehicles
* City streets and roads
* Traffic laws, ordinance and rules involved in transport vehicle
* Principles and procedures of record keeping
* Refuse collection hazards and standard safety practices related
to the operation of a wide variety of light to heavy equipment
* Emergency and accident reporting procedures
Preferred Skills & Abilities
* Operate an eighteen wheel semi-tractor and trailer in a safe and
* Operate a variety of light to heavy equipment in a safe and
* Operate two-way radio communications equipment
* Adjust driving method to traffic, road, weather, load and various
* Using mirrors in maneuvering, judging distance and backing
* Perform routine safety checks of assigned equipment prior to
* Understand department policies and procedures
* Perform arduous tasks for extended periods of time in all types
* Perform preventative maintenance and minor repair of a wide
variety of light to heavy equipment
* Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
* Work independently in the absence of supervision
* Understand and follow oral and written instructions
* Communicate clearly and concisely
* Perform the essential functions of the job with or without
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those
contacted in the course of work
Keywords: City of Albuquerque, NM, Albuquerque , Transport Operator B29, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!