Company: Odle Management
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionOdle Management – A subsidiary of Eckerd
ConnectsReports to the Finance and Administration (F & A) Director
and is a salaried, exempt position. Responsible for the overall
center purchasing function. Demonstrates on-going commitment to
preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring,
and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of:
workplace relations and ethics; information management;
communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and
development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and
independent living.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews is cognizant of and complies with all clauses of the
prime contract pertaining to procurement.
- Prepares supporting documentation for submittal to the F&A
Director for proposals, leases, and other procurement actions that
require the Director's approval.
- Prepares specifications/bid forms, solicits bids and
quotations, screens offer, and awards purchase orders or
subcontracts required to obtain the sources necessary to operate
the center in accordance with the requirements of the
- Gathers data for and assists the F&A Director in the
negotiation of contracts and leases.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, required delivery
schedules and contractual terms; obtain best prices available for
good and services via strict adherence to bidding requirements and
negotiation of freight terms.
- Coordinate with Accounting Department on accuracy of pricing
data and accounts payable function.
- Assist in development of new and revised policies and
procedures affecting procurement.
- Establishes and maintains records of purchase requisitions,
solicitations, and awards to support DOL audit of compliance with
contractual requirements and internal audit of compliance with
center policies and procedures.
- Responsible for sending to all vendors and subcontractors a
copy of company nondiscrimination clauses and ensuring that the
center purchases from only those vendors who are active EEO
- Adheres to the goals established in the Minority and Small
Business Subcontracting Plan and promotes purchases from these
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Cultivates and maintain a climate on center that is free of
harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place
for staff and students to work and learn.
- Clearly communicates and consistently model's appropriate CSS
and employability skills including personal responsibility and
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property,
adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a
position.Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related
- One year of experience as a Buyer.
- Prefer experience with Government procurement regulations.
- Valid driver's license in the state of employment with an
acceptable driving record. Additional Requirements: Knowledge of
Government rules and regulations pertaining to procurement. Ability
to analyze the technical data in suppliers' proposals in order to
make responsible buying decisions. Good organizational skills.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to
effectively relate to trainee population. Position requires an
ability to operate office equipment. In addition, individual must
be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective
working relationship with all facility staff and
departments.Working Conditions: This position involves frequent
sitting, standing, and walking. Occasionally position involves
carrying. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and
speak.Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 35%
of work time outside and 65% of work time indoors; ability to
withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work
time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the
summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in
winter months. The employer of record for this position is Eckerd
Youth Alternatives, Inc. DBA Eckerd Connects which assigns
employees to Odle Management Group, LLC.Odle Management considers
all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national
origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Odle
Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to
confirm employment eligibility.
Keywords: Odle Management, Albuquerque , Buyer, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!