Senior Major Gifts Officer
Company: Boston Medical Center
Location: Los Lunas
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It's a
network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of
thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and
busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England.
Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing
consistently excellent and accessible health services to all-and is
the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is
also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston
University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of
Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that
includes many community health centers. Join BMC today and help us
achieve ourVision 2030 which is a long-term goal to make Boston the
healthiest urban population in the world. Position: Senior Major
Department: Major Gifts
Schedule: Full Time POSITION SUMMARY: Working as a member of the
Major Gifts and Individual Giving team, the Senior Major Gifts
Officer will manage a portfolio of 150-200 individuals with
capacity to make gifts of $100k+ . He/She will contribute to the
team's fundraising goals by developing compelling gift
opportunities, moving prospects through all stages of the donor
cycle, making successful asks and closes, and partnering with
providers and internal leaders to engage BMC donors. ESSENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors for
BMC; regularly meet with approximately 5-10 prospective and
existing hospital donors each month.
- Partner with Chiefs of Service and other internal leaders for
effective donor conversations. Prepare and write effective
briefings for Development's internal champions.
- Collaborate with Director of Research on qualifying new
grateful patients and friends of BMC and moving prospects through
stages in a timely way.
- Develop deep understanding of BMC's mission, programs, relevant
departments, and priorities to effectively communicate cases for
support and gift opportunities.
- Assist with annual program planning, goal setting, progress
reports and evaluations.
- Actively participate in prospect strategy meetings and develop
short- and long-term prospect plans for top donors and grateful
- Partner with existing donors and volunteer leaders to identify
leads to new prospective donors and engage them in the giving
- Staff appropriate Philanthropic Trust members on providing
introductions and new donor connections to BMC
- Plan and execute small, focused cultivation/stewardship events
and/or virtual updates around appropriate priorities and themes,
encourage top prospects/donors to participate, and assiduously
follow up with attendees for further engagement toward a gift.
- Capture and log all meaningful donor interactions and proposals
in NXT. Maintain records to provide accurate and robust records and
to foster consistency in donor relationships.
- Develop proposals and other written materials as necessary and
appropriate. Partner with Communications & Stewardship team on
crafting meaningful cultivation, recognition and stewardship
- Perform other duties as needed. JOB REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED : None. EXPERIENCE:
At least five years of successful major gifts development
experience is required. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated fundraising success in one-to-one solicitations
and relationship building.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven track record in working within complex programs and
managing multiple demands.
- Proven ability to make decisions, work independently, and as a
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Albuquerque , Senior Major Gifts Officer, Other , Los Lunas, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!