Consumer Loan Underwriter
Company: Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it's a career! We
pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance
in any direction they choose. We offer a competitive salary, great
benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit
our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities
and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking a Consumer Loan Underwriter to join
Kirtland Federal Credit Union.
Primary Job Duties:
- Responsible for reviewing and underwriting all consumer loans
generated through both the direct, remote, and indirect consumer
loan underwriting channels.
- Responsible for following established procedures, policies and
guidelines for underwriting, verifying, and quality control.
- Works closely with loan origination staff, members, and
dealerships when required.
- Ensures that such lending operations are in accordance with
established policies, procedures, and legal requirements resulting
in appropriate profit, and minimum delinquency ratios.
- Ensures that areas of responsibility support Credit Union
Mission, Vision, Strategic Objectives and Services Standards.
- Ensures that services are delivered professionally and
- Supports and provide exceptional internal and external member
Preferred or required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous lending/underwriting experience
within a financial institution or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer lending policies,
procedures, laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with retail installment contracts.
- Understanding of government regulations and legal requirements
involving consumer lending and related functions preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate lending
rations, conduct loan risk analysis and properly identify credit
issues, fraud and/or other associated lending risks.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to offer viable and
creative loan alternatives while staying within credit union risk
- Experience with finance computations, lending calculators and
general consumer loan applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of loan contracts including APR,
amortization schedules, and simple interest calculations.
- Knowledgeable in credit union lending policies and lending
regulations including Reg B, Reg Z, Fair Lending, and Equal Credit
Opportunity Act (ECOA), etc. preferred.
- Ability to balance productivity and speed to meet service
levels with quality underwriting to protect the credit union from
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written communications,
active listening, positive attitude).
- Ability to function in a team environment as a proven team
- Strong in PC proficiency including Word, Excel, Outlook, with
the ability to learn new software programs as required.
Kirtland Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive, generous
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement savings program that includes employer
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Employee Clothing Loan
- And much more!To apply for this exciting opportunity visit our
careers page at www.kirtlandfcu.org/careers EOEKirtland Federal
Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of
employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or
discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and
business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic
information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law. Associated topics: underwriter
Keywords: Kirtland Federal Credit Union, Albuquerque , Consumer Loan Underwriter, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!