Underground and Construction Safety and Occupational Health Specialist -SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - Secret clearance required
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Leidos currently has an opening for a Safety and Occupational
Health Specialist to work at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, New
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in
helping the CWMD Weapons Capability Team support research and
development efforts to counter the threat of weapons of mass
destruction. We are looking for an experienced Safety and
Occupational Health Specialist who can develop health and safety
plans for construction and related testing activities.
Duties will include the following:
- Management of an underground safety program, to include
conducting underground safety training.
- Participation in test and construction planning meetings,
annual and periodic safety inspections.
- Working in and managing permit required confined spaces as a
supervisor, entrant, and/or rescue while donning up to Level A
personal protective equipment.
- Conducting pre and post-test hazard and risk analysis and
mitigation, with a focus on determination of the appropriate level
of personal protective equipment.
- Assisting DTRA Occupational Safety and Health managers in
developing health and safety plans and programs affecting all
construction and testing activities.
- Serving as a test team Safety Officer.
Candidates must have the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability
to work independently.
- Construction safety experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience. Additional
years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Underground construction safety or mining experience.
- Confined space experience with the ability to perform PRCS
operations as the supervisor, entrant, or attendant as well as the
operation of atmospheric monitoring equipment and the ability to
wear varying levels of PPE.
- Minimum security clearance of Secret, with ability to obtain
- The ability to contribute and interact in a technical
- Experience with, or a basic understanding of, DTRA’s
- Experience with quantitative mask fit testing.
- Experience with respiratory safety equipment management, to
include self contained breathing apparatus and portable air
monitoring equipment, such as a four gas meter.
- Experience with hazardous materials program management and
- MSHA Part 48 Underground Mining training.
- Prior experience with counter-WMD weapons or testing
- HAZWOPER training.
- OSHA 510 (Construction Industry) training.
- OSHA 511 (General Industry) training.
- OSHA 7405 (Fall Hazard Awareness for Construction)
- OSHA 7415 (Construction Industry Hazards and Prevention)
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, and AED.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Albuquerque , Underground and Construction Safety and Occupational Health Specialist -SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - Secret clearance required, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!