Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Posted on: September 14, 2021
About Operations Technology
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our
speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver
tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide,
every day. OpsTech IT provides 24x7 global IT support to Amazon
Operations, including Fulfillment, Sortation, Logistics, and Last
Mile. We also provide operational support on behalf of key partners
including Amazon Fulfillment Technologies, OpsTech Infrastructure
Engineering, Amazon Robotics, Amazon Warehouse Control Systems, and
Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT
infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new
Amazon Fulfillment Center, or delighting our customers by
delivering packages directly to them.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited
career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are
consistently inspired, constantly learning from each other, and are
creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be
surrounded by the best innovators of our time. We value
See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new
challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles
we face. Your role as a leader will be to confront obstacles others
avoid and create a team that embodies our leadership
About the Role
You will be leading a team of IT professionals with various skill
sets to provide truly innovative technical support to Amazon’s
Operations team who fulfill our customer promises millions of times
a day. The technology varies between our different facilities, but
Amazon’s core IT infrastructure is fully redundant and relies upon
top tier vendor hardware networked over fiber optic, copper, and
wireless topologies. Your internal customers, whether human,
robotic, or mechanical, use mobile computing devices, thin clients,
integrated computer, and PCs running Windows, Linux, and Android
operating systems to virtually and physically move ecommerce items
from our suppliers into our fulfillment centers shelves, from those
shelves into packaging, those packages into cars, trucks, and
airplanes for delivery to front doors around the world. Key
· Hire, train, and develop a team of IT professionals.
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe
work environment for all associates.
· Interact with management and staff to provide technical
assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
· Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with
operational partners and staff.
· Lead infrastructure builds in new facilities.
· Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical
support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service
issues, approvals, and installations.
· Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed
contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
· Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and processes.
· Oversee management of equipment and parts inventory.
· Create, manage, and support recognition and communication
· Travel up to 30%.
We are committed to developing a diverse organization and we are
even more committed to working with you to make that happen.
Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in
physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable
accommodation. These activities include the following:
· Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each.
· Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist
and above the head.
· Frequent walking in the facilities that can be over a quarter
mile in length
· Standing and walking during shift lasting up to 12 hours a
· Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways.
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages, including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20
weeks of paid parental leave. If you’re not in it for those perks,
here is one more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are
because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest
will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos’s most recent letter to
shareholders sums it all up pretty well. Find it at
· Bachelor's degree or 4+ years relevant professional, industry or
· 5+ years of experience developing a team of technical
professionals across multiple locations.
· Experience working with stakeholders to communicate issues while
balancing business expectations.
· Leadership experience in a 24x7 operation supporting physical IT
infrastructure (compute, network, storage).
· Experience working with network architecture and client server
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering, Business, or Technical discipline.
· Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment
and capable of motivating teams
· Experienced in making data-driven decisions.
· Established time management skills with the ability to direct
multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience in procurement, budgeting, forecasting, and asset
· Proven skills in leadership development and team building.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to present complex technical information in a clear and
concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon.com Services LLC, Albuquerque , IT Manager, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!