Semiconductor Laboratory Technologist
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Are you looking for a career change?
Here at Leidos we are looking for you, our next Semiconductor
Laboratory Technologist to support a state of the art government
laboratory located on Kirtland AFB, NM that conducts experimental
research in semiconductor laser technologies for the Air Force
Research Laboratory. You will maintain and repair a suite of
semiconductor laser laboratory process and inspection tools as well
as interface with government personnel on a daily basis on all
aspects of operational requirements of the semiconductor laser
facilities. Help us maintain a high level of organization
within the laboratory to facilitate operations. You will exercise
independent judgment within generally defined practices and
policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining
solutions, and will contribute to the development of program goals
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Purchase support and procurement of supplies and chemicals needed
for the full function of the semiconductor laser laboratory.
- Maintain and repair clean room and semiconductor laboratory and
- Maintain a variety of semiconductor process and inspection tools,
including molecular beam epitaxy, plasma enhanced chemical vapor
deposition, reactive ion etching systems, Fourier transform
infrared spectrometer, metal evaporators, wet etch and X-ray
diffractometer tools, and others, and may operate some of these
- Work independently and in team environments while serving as the
lead for all semiconductor tool maintenance and repair.
This is you:
- Associates degree in a technical or engineering discipline or 3+
years of hands-on experience in a laboratory environment.
- Experience maintaining a variety of tools and equipment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security
- Familiar with vacuum, gas and fluid systems.
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to
independently diagnose and correct issues and problems.
- Proficiency with MS office products such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand and abide by Leidos and government safety
rules and regulations.
- Ability to lift and transport items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in a clean room for extended periods of time.
You will wow us even more if you have these
- Associates degree in a technical or engineering discipline and 3+
years of hands-on experience in a laboratory environment..
- Possess an active DOD security clearance.
- Experience with AFRL security and safety procedures and
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Albuquerque , Semiconductor Laboratory Technologist, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!