Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Mechanical Engineer supports the PAE Base Operations
Support contract at the Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM.
· Perform specific duties and responsibilities related to
Mechanical engineering including evaluating mechanical systems,
products, components and applications.
· Provides efficient, effective and timely Mechanical
engineering expertise, to include but not limited to determining
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) loads, equipment
selection, duct sizing and routing, interior plumbing design and
exterior plumbing design.
· Review AF R&O playbook for project initiations and
development of Maintenance Requirements.
· Perform inspections on completed project work along with
equipment installations capturing Real Property data.
· Ability to interpret construction/engineering contract drawings
and specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design
· Provides the scope definition, specification, studies,
budgeting and write-up into project proposals of mechanical
engineering projects and prepares IGCE’s for small projects.
· Performs physical activities including climbing in and around
equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
· Consult and coordinate with electrical, structural and civil
engineers during the design phase to ensure a proper electrical
· Must be able to identify common site architectural, civil,
mechanical, electrical, and fire protection/detection system
components, understand how they function/operate, and have
experience planning or performing maintenance, improvements, or
· Must possess applicable building code and life safety
knowledge to provide assessment services
· Interpret construction/engineering contract drawings and
specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design and
· Conduct root cause analysis for equipment failures.
· Must have knowledge of preventive maintenance and reliability
centered maintenance principles and processes
· Performs physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing
in and around equipment, crawling, and working outdoors
Required/ Preferred Qualifications:
· The mechanical engineer shall have a bachelor’s degree in
engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for
Engineering and Technology (ABET).
· Preferred Reliability Centered Engineer Certification.
Shall have at least 3 years’ experience working in a military
environment and familiarity with Air Force Civil Engineering
guidance, rules, and regulations.
· Shall have a minimum of 1 year of experience performing
facility assessments and Real Property Inventory Equipment (RPIE)
condition assessments using BUILDER and BUILDER Remote Entry
Database (BRED) software, and have at least 1 year of experience
working with data from geospatial databases
· Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement