Company: Jabil Circuit
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING
BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees
across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most
technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions
provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market
experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing
know-how, supply chain insights and global product management
expertise to enable success for the world's leading brands. We are
driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each
other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for managing MRP to ensure that materials supply
equals demand and to support optimization of overall cost of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop supply base and Supply Chain strategies that are unique
to customer or for Business Unit Strategic materials.
- Support customer's business needs using standard process where
possible and customized solutions where necessary. Collaborate with
Purchasing manager and SCM to determine the best approach to meet
the customer needs. Influence customer's supply chain strategies to
leverage those of Jabil.
- Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers. Conduct
supplier audit / visits, certifications, and performance reviews to
develop and continuously improve supply base. Obtain feedback from
Materials Planners on suppliers' delivery, quality, and service
- Support, execute, and provide inputs to improve Jabil SCM
initiatives and strategies.
- Quote new and existing materials. Work with Materials Quotation
Analyst if applicable. Frequently re-quote and negotiate to
capitalize on cost reduction opportunities.
- Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit
including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance,
quality, and terms & conditions.
- Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest
of Jabil and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special
stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of
standard Jabil terms and conditions.
- Ensure execution of Jabil pricing and terms & conditions
agreements such as World Wide Purchasing Agreements that are
negotiated and agreed to by Jabil.
- Improve sourcing options by working with Jabil's internal
resources and customers to add Jabil preferred and/or strategic
suppliers to customer's Approved Manufacturer's List (AML).
- Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately
reflect the inventory value for a financial period in Standard
- Provide input to determine Quoted Cost to the Customer that is
competitive yet maximizes the amount of Materials Price Variance
- Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and
by limiting unfavorable PPV/MPV. Work with BUM to obtain customers'
authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials
or freight and tooling charges incurred on customers' behalf.
- Collaborate with Materials Planners and monitor, track, and
provide feedback on suppliers' performance for continuous
- Work with Materials Planners to ensure that suppliers support
overall business needs of Jabil.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations
associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a
Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil's
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only
occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jabil Circuit, Albuquerque , Buyer II, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!