School Bus Driver; Level J2
Company: Albuquerque Public Schools
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER; LEVEL J2
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING NUMBER: 00044397
SCHOOL YEAR: 2021-2022
CLOSING DATE: 03/31/2022 04:00 PM
POSTING NUMBER: 00044397
LOCATION: 651:TRANSPRT/MECHANIC CTR
POSITION TITLE: SCHOOL BUS DRIVER; LEVEL J2
To provide safe and reliable transportation service by operating
various school buses in transporting passengers to and from school
as well as related activities. To identify and communicate
mechanical/maintenance and/or emergency situations to Route
Operations. Assure a safe, on-time service and customer
satisfaction and maintaining the highest level of ethical behavior
with our customers, fellow employees and community we serve.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduation or the equivalent in education, training
- Possession of a valid State driving license with appropriate
- other certification required to operate district vehicles
- Knowledge of accident prevention/safe driving and bus
operations practices, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of routing and local area/streets
- Knowledge and possession of First Aid/CPR certification where
required by State/District/Regulations.
- Knowledge of School District bus transportation policies and
- Must be able to meet physical and medical requirements such as
criminal background search and ability to meet the requirements of
U.S. Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Regulations
(e.g. pre-employment, post-accident, random and reasonable
- Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend
safety meetings and in-service meetings as required.
- Knowledge and experience in providing excellent customer
services e.g. build/maintain good customer relations, use safe
driving and accident prevention practices and respond courteously
to client complaints.
- Knowledge of mechanical aspects of bus transportation to assess
maintenance problems and work collaboratively with Route
Operations/Events and Maintenance to resolve them.
- Good knowledge of routes and schools in specified area of
responsibility to ensure compliance with bus schedules and identify
alternative routes in response to emergency/unplanned
- Professional attitude and appearance and exercises tact and
diplomacy in dealing with students, parents and all school district
- Prefer commercial driving experience with a solid safety
record, preferably in the bus transportation industry. However,
candidates with no commercial driving experience will be
Work year: 180 days/5-7 hours per day
Nick Brook - 245-9850
SALARY: Starting $17 HR for drivers holding current CDL.
Training salary $10.50 HR for non-CDL holders until license is
Keywords: Albuquerque Public Schools, Albuquerque , School Bus Driver; Level J2, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!