Previously known as HD Supply - Construction & Industrial and
now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are made up of
three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in Norcross, GA, and
has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S. States and six
Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates provide support
for more than 200,000 customers annually.
White Cap Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and
construction products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets.
In addition to value-add services, White Cap Supply Holdings
offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include concrete
accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and fastening
systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building envelope,
safety and consumables, and wood products.
White Cap Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for assisting with counter sales and customer
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Receives, researches, and answers customer questions regarding
accounts, products, rates and services offered, via telephone or in
- Engages with both counter customers and phone customers to
fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer
- Processes orders, quotes prices, enters orders into the system
and provides order information to customers. Pull orders as
- Communicates product features, benefits, and warranty policy
information to customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of products and their applications
(provides technical advice, troubleshoots, and helps resolve
- Upsells by identifying related products, add-on extensions and
making customers aware of product promotions.
- Ensures merchandise displays are stocked and clean.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Experience using sales order computer software, familiarity
with Eclipse preferred.
- Knowledge of HD Supply construction and industrial
Job Locations US-NM-Albuquerque
Job ID 2020-40070
Business Unit Construction
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals
with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action
Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified
candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or
any factor prohibited by law.