Posted on: June 12, 2021
A Supervisor is a first-level supervisor/manager in our stores. The
Supervisor contributes to company's success by having a "team
leader" hands-on involvement in the day-to-day department
operations. The Supervisor effectively leads a shift while ensuring
department operational excellence. The Supervisor may be
responsible for the opening or closing procedures of the department
in coordination with Department Manager. Must be able to work a
variety of hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Department Management positions include/Puesto(s) incluidas
* Meat Management / Gerencia de Carniceria
* Bakery Management / Gerencia de Panaderia
* Restaurant Management / Gerencia de Restaurante
* Tortilleria Management / Gerencia de Tortilleria
* Bulk Deli Cheese Management / Gerencia de Carnes Frias y
* Seafood Management / Gerencia de Mariscos
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Supervisor Responsibilities, but not limited to this:
* Create an environment of outstanding guest service every day.
* A must can do positive attitude
* Conduct store walk-thru at the beginning and end of the shift
including multiple times throughout the shift.
* Lead varies departments throughout the day as needed
* Coach the Team Members to ensure flawless shift execution.
* Perform cycle counts and out of stock counts as per company
* Ensure closing procedures are performed daily
* Open or close of the store
* Perform inventory and product ordering as needed.
* Follow cash-handling policies and procedures as outlined in the
Cash Handling policy.
* Assist with New Hire Orientation and Employee Training and
* Responsible for the training and development of employees.
* Act with integrity, honesty and leadership that promotes El Super
/ Fiesta Mart values.
* Manage time effectively while meeting all job
* Check food quality and food temperatures throughout the day to
maintain company and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point rules
* Provide coaching and feedback to crew members and assess
performance on an ongoing basis and discipline when necessary.
* Lead and motivate Team Members through positive and respectful
* Lead a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing
individual and team accomplishments.
* Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality and
follow code of conduct.
* Help cross train crew members in all departments
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Supervisor assists in the
supervision and leadership of Team Members to comply with the
organization's policies and procedures, applicable laws and
regulations. Responsibilities include assisting in training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; ensuring meal
and rest periods are provided; motivating staff; noting performance
discrepancies/policy violations during shift; addressing
complaints; and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. El Super / Fiesta Mart is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made as
needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* 2 years of quick serve/fast casual restaurant or retail
* Experienced in a training role.
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include
evenings, weekend shifts, and holidays.
* Minimum age: 18 or older
* Previous leadership experience preferred.
* Guest-focused approach to business.
* Detail and action oriented.
* Demonstrates integrity, trust, ethics and values.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to follow all safety, health and sanitation
* Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
* Must complete certification process successfully.
* Must be able to take direction and delegate responsibilities
* Must be able to maintain command of their shifts.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Adaptable, team-oriented, dependable and strong work ethic.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Must be able to successfully pass background and drug test.
Grocery experience is a plus.
Preferred Field of Expertise
* Ability to follow company customer service procedures.
* Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related
* Ability to interact with customers and coworkers.
* Ability to understand and follow directions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential function of this job. El Super / Fiesta Mart is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made
as needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
Continuously, throughout the shift while stocking and facing
Continuously, throughout the day, while moving about the store and
obtaining product from the warehouse.
Rarely, may sit on the store floor to face and stock product.
Intermittently, throughout the course of the day, utilization of a
step stool or a twostep metal step stool with locking wheels may be
necessary to access higher level product or shelving.
Continuously, throughout the day while loading and unloading
product, shelving products, facing products, and cleaning.
Frequently, while stocking, facing or cleaning items or shelving
near or on the floor level.
Under 10 lbs. - Continuously, small items such as individual
11 to 25 lbs. - Continuously, larger products
26 to 40 lbs. - Frequently, boxes of various product are often in
this weight range.
41 to 55 lbs - Less Frequently, boxes of product such as liquid
Over 55 lbs. - Less Frequently, larger boxes that are broken down
from pallets in the warehouse.
(Employees are encouraged to team lift)
Under 10 lbs. - Continuously, moving small items from carts to the
11 to 25 lbs. - Continuously, moving larger products from carts to
26 to 40 lbs. - Frequently, moving product boxes to the floor from
41 to 55 lbs - Less Frequently, moving larger product boxes onto
the floor using carts and bins.
Over 55 lbs. - Less Frequently, moving larger boxes from pallets in
(Employees are encouraged to team carry or use available roller
Intermittently, while utilizing two different types of step
Less Frequently, pulling boxes of product will vary regarding
pressure exerted. The pressure will increase based upon the surface
and the friction of the pull. The pressure will increase if the
surface is a pallet as opposed to the concrete floor. Pulling
roller carts filled with product was measured at less than 4 lbs of
pressure exerted as is similar with rolling bins of product or
cardboard. (Employees are encouraged to push rather than pull)
Intermittently, pushing boxes of product. Pushing rolling bins.
Pushing roller carts filled with product was measured at less than
3 lbs. of pressure. (Employees are encouraged to push rather than
Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning shelving and
Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning shelving and the
Above shoulder height - Frequently, facing and stocking product.
At shoulder height - Frequently, facing and stocking product.
Below shoulder height - Frequently, facing and stocking product.
Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning
Q. EYE, HAND, FOOT COORDINATION:
Occasionally to frequently, facing product. Using the pallet jack.
Opening boxes with box cutters.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS:
Roller Carts, rolling bins, two step metal step stools with locking
wheels, box cutters, manual pallet jack, power pallet jack ( if
WORKING AROUND MOVING MACHINERY:
Forklift, power pallet jack.
MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS:
Items consistent with working within a grocery store.
100% indoors: inside of the market or the warehouse. Warehouse
temperatures are indicated up to 95 degrees.
HAND COORDINATION: (when applicable)
Right hand, left hand, both hands, how often and how long.
Major hand - Dominant hand, continuously, throughout the day while
performing all job duties.
Fine Manipulation - Less Frequently, while working with
Gross Manipulation- Frequently, holding product.
Simple Grasping - Continuously, holding various products or
Power Grip- Continuously, while moving larger items, rolling carts,
or rolling bins.
NOTE: Additional responsibilities within the position's purpose may
be assigned..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Elsupermarkets, Albuquerque , Department Management, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!