Windows System Administrator
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Type of Opportunity: Full Time FTE: 1.000000
Exempt: Yes Work Schedule: Days
Summary:Formulates and defines system scope and objectives
through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately
complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from
which programs will be written. Analyzes and revises existing
system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Competent
to work on most phases of applications systems analysis activities,
but requires instruction and guidance in other phases
Responsibilities:Provides detailed support for
definition/refinement of business requirements and for quality
assurance/acceptance testing effortsDesigns, develops, tests and
debugs software components of moderate complexityProvides
implementation, production and upgrade support for software
components of moderate complexityMay act as supporting liaison
between the application team and the user community, responsible
for facilitating communications, coordinating system enhancements,
and providing production support.Works with user community to
define business requirements in sufficient detail and define
business use cases that systems configuration,
development/enhancement, and/or Operations activities can be
pursued. Develops internal IT, user and Operations documentation to
allow for smooth operations and easy system maintenance.
Other information:Bachelor s degree in related
technical/business area plus 2 years of IT or business experience.
6 years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of
degree Education:Essential: Bachelor DegreeEducation
specialization:Essential: Information Technology
- Demonstrate system administration experience in Window 2008 R2,
2012 R2, and windows 2016 server environments.
- Experience of Operating System Monitoring tools including
Internet Information Services (IIS), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL),
Microsoft SQL Server 2016/12/2008
- Strong experience with scripting: MS Dos batch, PowerShell,
PL/SQL, and VBScripts
- Must have knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies.
- Working knowledge of and experience with DNS, DHCP, IIS,
Clustering/Load Balancing, and TCP/IP.
- Experience with ITIL best practices; specifically, Incident,
Request and Change management principles and tracking systems. ITIL
V3 Foundations certifications preferred.
- Experience managing 300+ Windows Servers (Virtual)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Certifications Preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) / Microsoft
Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Comptia Network+
- Comptia A+
- Comptia Server+
- ITIL V3 Foundations certifications
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Day-to-day operations and administration of Windows Virtual
machines supporting the Health Plan and Fluent.
- Ability to participate in 24 x 7 on-call team (rotating
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the
ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various
levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of
- An experience system administrator that can demonstrated the
ability to quickly learn new technologies and understand unique
- Working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software
- Handle server monitoring, tuning, problem resolution,
implementation, configuration, upgrades, and patches.
- Strong experience in multi-tasking and working in a high stress
and fast pace environment.
- Comfortable with ITIL best practices to meet delivery of
handling high priority deadlines or service level agreements
- Provide Tier II & III Server Administration support. Recommend
and implement standards, policies, and procedures to achieve agreed
upon service levels by tuning, maintaining, and supporting
- Accurately troubleshooting or researching problems without
significant interruption to service. Provide server level expertise
and provide viable solutions
- Evaluate, install, debug, maintain and document Windows Virtual
Machines supporting business applications.
- Evaluate and implement continuous improvement of infrastructure
services supporting the Presbyterian Health Plan.
Benefits Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above)
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
About Us Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned,
not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide
health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in
New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with
approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable
people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper
who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of
physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought
Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide
healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans. We are
part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is
why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply
to serve New Mexico for years to come. About New Mexico New
Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American
influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in
Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear
scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's
artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and
experiences that make this state great. Cities in New Mexico are
continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live
by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other
corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore,
and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path,
challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the
expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing,
snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful
wonders of the west. AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and
tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Albuquerque , Windows System Administrator, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!