Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
That this position is to replace Sam, who is moving to on call
and the current PPD (which is 1.44)
"I am inspired by the ability to truly tailor the care I provide
to each and every unique patient and familyBeing able to provide
what patients need in the moment they need it is the best part of
working in hospice."
As a Compassus nurse, you have the autonomy to utilize your
nursing skills. You are invited into patients' homes and lives
during trying times and have the honor to become a trusted face.
For many of our team members, this is more than a career - it's a
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join
our team today as a Registered Nurse Case Manager to positively
impact the experiences of patients and families.
As a member of the Inter-Disciplinary Team, the RNCM will work
as a hospice field nurse to provide both routine and emergency
assessments as well as evaluative services to meet the needs of the
patient and their family. You will help maintain their maximum
level of comfort and coping, flex your schedule to meet
agency-staffing needs, and provide after-hours emergency support to
the patient and family.
- Coordinate clinical, psycho-social and spiritual services as
indicated by Plan of Care through case management
- Provide physical and emotional intensive care to support the
patient and family in periods of crisis
- Collaborate with the Inter-Disciplinary Team to coordinate
hospice care for the patient and family to ensure appropriateness,
continuity, and quality of care
- Explain hospice services and Medicare benefits to patients and
- Oversee the care given by Licensed Practical Nurses/Licensed
Vocational Nurses and Hospices Aides
- Strong leadership and organizational skills required
- Effective communication and compassionate interpersonal
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance
Education and Certifications
Registered Nursing License in state of employment. Minimum of
one year nursing practice or equivalent experience. Hospice,
Oncology, Home Health and/or Long-Term Care experience
- Louisiana: Two years full time experience as a Registered Nurse
or two years clinical in hospice
- Mississippi: 1 year full time experience as a Registered Nurse
or 3 years full time continuous employment as a Licensed Practical
Nurse immediately preceding Registered Nurse licensure
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude
people or treat them differently because of race, color, national
origin, age, disability, or sex.