Company: Alutiiq LLC
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Plumber assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and
fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to
specifications and plumbing codes, studies building plans and
working drawings to determine work aids required, and sequence of
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential
- Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to
prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe,
and locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and
passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe
fittings, using hand tools and power tools, cuts and threads pipe,
using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine,
bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or by
placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipefittings, and pipes composed
of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead, and nonmetals, such
as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
- Joins pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic
solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and
reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking,
installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes,
bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units,
dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky
faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains, and may
weld holding fixtures to steel structural members.
- Utilizes building plans and working drawings and interprets
technical manuals, shop directives. blueprints, sketches, diagrams,
specifications, and verbal and written instructions.
- Responsible for completing logs documenting inspections.
maintenance and repair information to include work performed and
materials used and fills-out daily labor sheets on each assigned
- Installs, repairs, maintains, and tests backflow preventors.
- Uses manometers to test/verify gas pressures.
- Install, test, repair, and maintains water softeners.
- Adheres to proper security practices, foreign object damage
procedures and airfield driving regulations, as applicable.
- Interfaces with customers and responsible for customer
feedback, as applicable
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma. or equivalency.
- Valid state driver's license, acceptable driving record, and
proof of vaHd Insurance.
- Valid Plumbers Journeyman's license.
- Must be able to obtain backflow tester's certification.
- Minimum two (2) years' plumbing experience at the journeyman
- Must obtain and maintain all necessary
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal
- Ability to adapt to changes In technology and applicable
facility/infrastructure codes and standards
- Familiarity with facility/infrastructure codes and standards,
- Ability to deal with a variety of people In a professional &
courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power
- Demonstrated working ability to read, write and speak and
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five (5) years' plumbing experience at the journeyman
- Military experience.
- Previous experience working on a military installation
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries
are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Alutiiq LLC, Albuquerque , Plumber, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!