Asst Facility Dir, programs
Company: GEO Group Inc.
Location: Los Lunas
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Facility: NM MEN'S RECOVERY ACADEMY(NMMRA)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position implements operating procedures in the area of
planning, organizing and directing the daily operation of the
facility, provides direct supervision to supervisory staff,
recruits, hires, trains and supervises personnel in the program
department, according to Company policies and procedures, and
client standards to ensure contract compliance. Oversees facility
operations with special emphasis on program measures policies,
issues and staff compliance. Must have a thorough knowledge of
programming procedures relating to the needs of the client
This role will provide oversight of the Albuquerque and Los
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, and directs the program and daily operations
of the facility in a manner consistent with Company policies and
procedures operational policies and client standards and
- Develops and implements programs specifically related to the
offender such as substance abuse, special needs, or any other
related special programs as needed.
- Develops policies that enhance the professional development of
- Supervises staff engaged in counseling, educational and
recreational activities and training.
- Plans, evaluates, and supervises the duties and performances of
staff in areas assigned to ensure performance standards are met.
Uses disciplinary action to correct unsatisfactory performance
- Provides guidance and training to supervisory staff on
behavioral and disciplinary problems in order to coach improved
- Prepares written reports and correspondence to ensure that
necessary management tools are available when needed.
- Confers with judges, probation and parole officers, police,
social agencies, community groups, etc., to interpret the
institutional program and objectives and develop cooperative
- Acts as the facility liaison with outside agencies in the
absence of the Facility Director.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily operation of the facility
in the absence of the Facility Director.
- Conducts employment interviews and make hiring selection based
on objective criteria and after having completed appropriate
background and reference checks.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings with program supervisory staff
to ensure compliance with facility procedures, Company policies,
- Ensures program supervisory staff complete proper documentation
and processing of incoming residents and for those being
- Maintains accurate records of all program equipment and conduct
monthly inventories to ensure that equipment is proper and
- Investigates and respond to resident grievances in a timely
manner. Ensure that logs are maintained on residents who have been
served disciplinary reports for their infractions of facility rules
and regulations and conduct resident disciplinary hearings.
- Ensures that all employees participate in in-service training
to meet the requirements for continued personal and professional
- Participates in staff meetings by sharing observations and
recommendations regarding the facility, residents, and staff in
order to identify and solve problems and functions as unified
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding
employees, vendors, residents, outside agencies, etc., so that
sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner
that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Complies with Company work rules and policies as explained in
the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and
Procedures Manual; and respond positively to directives from
management in cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to
- Bachelor's degree (Master's Preferred); each year of experience
as described below in excess of required five (5) years may be
substituted for thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited
college or university on a year for year basis.
- Five (5) years full time program administration or counseling
- Two (2) years full time experience in the supervision of
- LADAC (Licensed Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counselor)
credentials in New Mexico, required
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to delegate, plan motivate, control schedule and train;
- Demonstrated supervision skills and knowledge of the criminal
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated team building work habits and strong interpersonal
- Must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment and
- Must be able to work flexible schedules to meet the needs of
- Familiar with basic psychological theories, current counseling
modalities, case management techniques, knowledge of basic
management principles; familiar with corrections and criminal
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Albuquerque , Asst Facility Dir, programs, Other , Los Lunas, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!