Paralegal - E14
Company: City of Albuquerque, NM
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Assist an assigned attorney or attorneys in performing
substantive civil administrative and criminal legal work from time
of inception through resolution and perform a variety of paralegal
duties in specific areas of law.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of
tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification.
Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed
within the job.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Education and experience directly related to the minimum
requirements below may be interchangeable on a year for year
Associate's Degree or a Certification in Paralegal Studies;
Three (3) years of experience as a paralegal working under the
supervision of a licensed attorney or judge.
Pro Law or experience with a case management system is
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License, or the
ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6)
months from date of hire.
- Legal terminology, legal research databases, and the documents
used in the legal field
- Court deadlines set forth in the federal and state court
- ProLaw Case ManagementSoftware Application or anEquivalent Case
Management Software Application
- Electronic filing in both federal and state court
- Standard legal references and their content
- Principles and methods of communications and public
- Principles and procedures of legal record keeping
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report
- Methods of research, case analysis and report preparation
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws pertaining to area of
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Conduct medical record reviews and summaries
- Draft and prepare discovery and pleadings
- Maintain confidentiality regarding cases
- Work independently, including the ability to follow-up on work
assignments, in the absence of supervision
- Electronically file in both federal and state court
- Coordinate and implement case and discovery tasks
- Research and compile data on a variety of legal cases
- Draft and prepare a variety of legal documents
- Maintain confidentiality regarding work of a legal nature
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work
Keywords: City of Albuquerque, NM, Albuquerque , Paralegal - E14, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!