Company: Quality Support Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are hiring Respiratory Therapist(s) for contract positions
for the US Department of Health in Gallup, NM. Positions last a
minimum of 13 weeks, with the possibility to last up to two years.
The pay rate is $26.50 per hour.
DUTIES and REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- Oxygen administration using all available devices, such as
nasal cannula, simple masks, ventri-masks, partial rebreather,
aerosol mask, oxyhoods, infant incubators, etc.
- Basic life support of all age specific patients.
- Initial set-up of ventilators.
- Ventilator management of adult, pediatric, neonatal and
- Ventilation of patients with known diseases such as COPD,
asthma, pneumonia, adult respiratory distress syndrome, etc.
- Thorough documentation of ventilator-supported patients will be
completed every two hours, including the ventilator flow
- Assisting with intubation of patients of all ages.
- Proper care of endotracheal tubes and trach tubes, including
the use of a cuff monitor.
- Weaning patients from ventilators and recording such
- Extubation of patients of all age groups.
- Knowledge of Respiratory pharmacology, including knowledge of
all respiratory medications, their positive effects, their adverse
effects, and proper doses.
- Metered dose inhaler/spacer administration, knowledge of the
effect of metered dose medications, frequencies of administration
and duration of medication's effects.
- BiPAP/CPAP administration and proper fit of nasal masks and
- Proper suctioning technique of patients on ventilators and
patients that are not on ventilators who need nasopharyngeal/oral
- Comfort care to patients who are nearing their time of
- Obtaining sputum samples either naturally, by induction, or by
- Performing arterial punctures, being mindful of proper
technique and transporting blood products properly.
- Analyzing and interpreting arterial blood gases.
- Running venous blood gases.
- Having complete understanding, knowledge, and application of
chest physiotherapy involving postural drainage using percussion
- Peak flow monitoring of patients.
- Proper use of oximeter and capnograph on all age groups.
- Performing electrocardiograms on all age groups, documenting
patient information, pulling files and filing EKGs
- Maintaining all respiratory equipment for future use by
testing, cleaning and calibrating.
- Adhering to JC and CLIA standards in care of patients,
equipment, the blood gas laboratory and any other laboratories
operating under GIMC.
- Clearly educating patients and families, followed by clear
documentation of procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of performing in trauma
situations, life and death situations, situations with critically
ill patients, high risk patients, and in case of disasters.
- Must abide by all JC standards for full assessments, monitoring
the effects of a patient's response to care given and all
information pertaining to the care of the patient.
- Must fulfill all physician's documented orders for all patients
who fall under the care of Respiratory Therapy, unless the order
could harm the patient.
- Must be capable of performing Respiratory duties in an
in-patient and out-patient setting.
Keywords: Quality Support Services, Albuquerque , Respiratory Therapist, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!