Controls System Lead
Company: Malace HR
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Control Systems Lead (CSL) is responsible for providing
Subject Matter Expert support within the 24x7 fulfillment center
operations. The primary focus is on maintaining, advanced
troubleshooting and modifying material handling equipment (MHE)
control systems equipment to ensure operational performance of the
MHE equipment including Conveyors, Sortation Systems, Hi Speed
Scanners, Cameras, Print & Apply System and SCADA Devices &
- Maintain, troubleshoot and modify PLC ladder logic for MHE
systems including PLC/PC Controllers and industrial networks such
as Ethernet, ControlNet, Device Net, Profibus, motor control
systems, Servo drives, variable frequency drives and electrical
- Act as escalation support for the control systems technician
team; appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or
headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Monitor MHE Metrics and partner with facilities/client
operations teams to deploy system performance improvements within
the fulfillment center
- Apply subject matter expertise in MHE and electronic systems to
maximize equipment availability to production
- Perform and utilize fulfillment center system assessments to
identify opportunities in improving utilization of
- Partner with facility operations leadership, equipment vendors
and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology
installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects
within the building.
- Work within the cross site network to provide support and
guidance for other fulfillment centers.
- May require the need to dial into other fulfillment centers and
may require minimal travel.
- Communicate technical issues and project timeline with building
leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production
impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure
a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
- Develop system documentation and Standard Work instruction for
the operations team thus minimizing the risk of downtime caused by
human error from the maintenance and operations team.
- Develop and/or maintain training documentation on relevant
control systems. Provide training on control Systems to
- Develop maintenance procedures to maximize the usable life of
assets and provide the greatest equipment availability to
production Required: Must have demonstrated experience using
RSLogix 5000 to troubleshoot, program and modify PLC code. Lack of
RSLogix5000 will disqualify the candidate for this role.
- Experience with Robotics systems components
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify program HMI
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify the following: PLC
failures, device failures, Robotics systems components, Control
Network components, HMI components, Motor Controls and starters,
VFD's and standard electrical components
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting
of 24VDC up to 480V 3phase systems.
- Experience and understanding of messaging protocols within a
Warehouse Management System software as well as Warehouse Control
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to Interpret and modify mechanical/electrical drawings
- Ability to identify, maintain and utilize SCADA Systems and
- Ability and willingness to train other employees with lesser
- Able to access all areas and levels of the facility - Ability
to interpret, understand and design policies & procedures and
relate them to others. -
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or
equivalent experience -
- Systems Controls knowledge and programming experience using
- Field Service Engineering Experience - Systems Trainer or
- Experience with a wide range of conveying and sortation's
- Experience with advanced automation control systems
- Experience with industrial robotics
with our quick 3 minute Application!
* Fields Are Required
What is your full name?
How can we contact you?
What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Malace HR, Albuquerque , Controls System Lead, Other , albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!