Satellite Cyber Systems Engineer, Assoc Principle - 35029
Company: Alion Science and Technology
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Alion Science and Technology is looking for a Satellite Cyber
Systems Engineer, Assoc Principle to support cubesat-to-ESPA
sized space vehicle design, test, and on-orbit support.
(Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle Satellite Payload
This individual will be responsible for designing in or ensuring
that cyber defenses are built into the satellite systems, payloads,
and communications systems. The individual will also be responsible
for cyber vulnerability testing or ensuring that appropriate cyber
vulnerability testing is accomplished.
- Provide leadership as a first level (team) manager in the
design, testing and implementing of state-of-the-art secure
operating systems, networks, and databases.
- Maintain knowledge of latest threats.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and maintaining all
documentation required in achieving Interim Approval to Test and
Approval to Operate.
- Must be able to review program documentation such as, but not
limited to Information Support Plans, Concepts of Operations,
Initial Capabilities Documents, Program Protection Plans, and
Capabilities Description Documents.
- Address a wide range of security issues including
- Document vulnerability-test planning, testing, and
- Design and execute of vulnerability assessments, penetration
tests and security audits and provides recommendations for
- Implement new security solutions, participate in the creation
and/or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines
and procedures, and conduct vulnerability audits and
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or
product requirements into total systems solutions that account for
technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security
industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions,
improved security processes and the development of new attacks and
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present
technical approaches and findings.
- The candidate should have experience in the DoD Risk Management
Framework and Air Force risk analysis, assessment and authorization
- Bachelor's degree (Masters desired)
- 8-10 years engineering and/or cyber experience; 5 years'
experience in designing satellite cyber protection capabilities or
assessing space vehicle cyber vulnerabilities.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and immediate Top Secret with
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Keywords: Alion Science and Technology, Albuquerque , Satellite Cyber Systems Engineer, Assoc Principle - 35029, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!