CAD GIS TECHNICIAN LEAD
Company: Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
CAD GIS TECHNICIAN LEAD
P OSITION SUMMARY
PAE is currently seeking a CAD/GIS Technician Lead for a program at
Kirtland AFB near Albuquerque, New Mexico. The CAD/GIS Technician
Lead will be responsible for:
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION/LICENSING
- Preparing drawings plans, sketches, schematics to prepare
bid/construction drawings for engineering projects using AutoCAD
- Prepares complete sets of drawings of engineering projects from
drawings, sketches, computer models and verbal information supplied
- Accomplishes field surveys necessary to produce construction
documents and uses surveying equipment to prepare base maps.
- Participates in damage assessment efforts during exercises or
- Perform record drawing consolidation services and ensure a
correct, complete, and accurate final consolidated record drawing
- Perform drawing conversion services of drawings from raster
data into industry standard vector CAD format, complying with
Kirtland AFB CAD standards.
- Perform custodial drafting requirements and provide custodial
floor plan drafting updates.
- Maintain and update as-built floor plans for all installation
facilities into georeferenced IGI&S compatible files. Update
all as-built project files, changes to survey data from field
change mark-up drawings, and the attribute features into
georeferenced IGI&S compatible files for space
- Must have an Associate's Degree in Applied Science
(Architectural/Engineering Drafting Technology) or five (5) years
- Must have completed the Environmental Science Research
Institute (ESRI) Certified Introduction and Intermediate training
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years in the following: Must
possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to
Microsoft Office products.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) data editing, cartographic
design, map composition and geographic analysis with ESRI ArcGIS
software; experience editing and maintaining GIS data in a Spatial
Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure and Environment
(SDS/FIE) compliant Spatial Database Engine (SDE) Geodatabase.
- Computer aided drafting and design, especially drawing and
modeling in an Autodesk AutoCAD software environment.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) surveying equipment use,
especially Trimble survey-grade and mapping-grade equipment and
- Post-processing field collected data with correction to base
station collected data.
- Civil, Structural, Fire Protection, MEP and Architectural CAD
- Must have excellent organizational and time management
- Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain Secret
- Must have and maintain a valid US driver's license.
- Must be capable of working with customers and company employees
in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The classification of activities range from an office environment
with extended sitting demands to a field environment with
occasional climbing, standing, stopping, bending, pushing,
kneeling, stretching and walking demands. May occasionally be
required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special
vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Working conditions are predominantly in an office environment where
there is little or no physical discomfort. The CAD/GIS technician's
responsibilities may involve field conditions where inclement
weather may subject the individual to change in temperature, wind,
rain, etc. Occasionally, the tech may be required to work a
flexible work schedule and alternate workdays to meet mission and
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring
practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United
States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, family structure, medical condition including
genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental
or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the
job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or
any other protected category under federal, state, or local
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc, Albuquerque , CAD GIS TECHNICIAN LEAD, Other , albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!