Educational Assistant - Special Ed - Social Communication services - 21/22 SY
Company: Albuquerque Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - SPECIAL ED - SOCIAL COMMUNICATION
SERVICES - 21/22 SY
JOB STATUS: OPEN
SCHOOL YEAR: 2
LOCATION: 216:ATRISCO ES
POSITION TITLE: EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - SPECIAL ED - SOCIAL
COMMUNICATION SERVICES - 21/22 SY
Assists certified staff in providing delivery of the instructional
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without
* Works with individuals and small groups in the classroom to
reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
* Serves as a model in developing students' language and
* Collects, prepares and arranges resource material for use by
* Operates support equipment and monitors testing or make-up work
* Maintains classroom records, prepares reports as requested by the
classroom teacher or principal, scores tests, processes books,
manages supplies and classroom equipment as needed.
* Monitors student activities in classrooms, school grounds,
hallways, lunchrooms, field trips, bus loading areas, etc.
* Provides support for non-instructional classroom duties such as
monitoring snacks, restrooms, clothing areas, etc.
* Participates in teacher-parent conferences and meetings as
requested by classroom teacher.
* Reinforces the implementation of IEP goals using similar emphasis
and techniques as classroom teacher.
* Trains students in self-help skills including eating, toileting,
hygiene, behavior management and academic skills.
* Assists with custodial skills of students including lifting,
positioning and adaptive equipment maintenance using established
* Escorts students to other locations on campus and off campus with
the approval of classroom teacher.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving
* Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on
* Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial and legal
* Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and
coordinate the work of others.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* Experience with educational equipment preferred.
All candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, must
be at least 18 years of age, and must meet the NCLB highly
NCLB requirements are:
* 48 college credit hours OR Pass the Paraprofessional Test
Contact: Ruth Thomas at /
APPLY ONLINE: , APS Jobs, Classified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position
requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter &
SALARY: G1 SALARY SCHEDULE
START DATE: 8/5/2021
Keywords: Albuquerque Public Schools, Albuquerque , Educational Assistant - Special Ed - Social Communication services - 21/22 SY, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!