ENGLISH 9/12TH GRADE 21-22 SY
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING NUMBER: 00044701
SCHOOL YEAR: 2021-2022
CALENDAR: Extended Learning A (5 & 5)
POSTING NUMBER: 00044701
LOCATION: 580:CIBOLA HS
POSITION TITLE: ENGLISH 9/12TH GRADE 21-22 SY
Teaches by creating a flexible program and an environment
favorable to learning and personal growth; by encouraging students
to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to obtain a good
foundation for continuous growth and development; by providing
students with experiences which integrate the affective, cognitive
and psychomotor dimensions of learning; by establishing effective
rapport with students and their parents; by assisting students in
developing positive feelings toward themselves and others.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without
* Coordinates parent advisory activities and parent education
* Provides instruction to high school students for lab
* Cooperates in the development and implementation of the
District program of instruction
* Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as
possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of
students and complies with State Department of Education Standards
and the APS Board of Education goals and objectives.
* Guides the learning process toward the achievement of
curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons,
assignments, units and projects in harmony with curriculum goals
and communicates the objectives to students.
* Employs instructional methods and materials that are most
appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
* Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student
behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere
in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
* Evaluates the learning progress of students on a regular
* Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis
and provides progress reports as required.
* Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the
District testing program.
* Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with
students and parents concerning students' academic, social and
* Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
* Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at
the times designated.
* Selects and requests appropriate books and instructional
materials and maintains required inventory records.
* Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals
to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
* Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers.
Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests and
* Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and
helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem solving
* Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on
* Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial
procedures, and legal requirements.
* Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and
coordinate the work of others.
* Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication,
first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
* Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting
teachers and students.
* Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
* Ability to maintain positive relationships with students,
parents, community members and staff.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
AND SKILLS: The minimum requirements for this job are as
* Bachelor's degree
* Current New Mexico teaching certificate in specified field
* Current endorsements dependent upon specific positions may be
* Additional requirements may be applicable for specific
Contact: Pamela Meyer at / email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the
position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter
START DATE: July 28, 2021