Senior Applications Architect
Company: Alakaina Family of Companies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a need
for a Senior Applications Architect to support the Advanced Search
and Discovery (ASD) capabilities of the Defense Threat Reduction
Information Analysis Center (DTRIAC) and its nuclear Scientific and
Technical information Archival Retrieval System (STARS) collection
program out of Albuquerque, NM.
- Provide dedicated support to missions and end users, and
develop software products.
- Support project implementation of the IAC - ASD SMEs
Provide a flexible but formalized approach to collect human
training data on the DTRIAC digital collection to support ASD
development and analyses; training of Project SMEs in execution of
the Project workflow(s); execution of the Project workflow(s) by
the Project SMEs; quality assurance and quality control of the
Project workflow(s); travel by Project SMEs to DTRIAC or other
locations for access to the IT systems supporting the Project
workflow(s), if remote access cannot be arranged; packaging of the
Project outputs for use by ASD; and deliver a final report on the
- Support project implementation of the ASD -Data Lake
Export STARS-C metadata (Catalog) and item data (PDFs, images,
films, other digital media) to the DTRIAC repository and other
databases or filesystems to support DTRA and DTRIAC activities;
Maintain synchronization between STARS-C and the repository;
Implement, operate, and maintain the repository-U; Develop,
maintain, and improve capabilities, such as scripting, to
efficiently perform maintenance, synchronization, and production
processing of the Data Lake on Windows- and Linux-based IT systems,
Including DOD High Performance Computing Modernization Program
(HPCMP) clusters; Maintain and deliver an inventory of the DTRIAC
repository, including files within, formats, versioning, and
- Support project implementation of the ASD Methods
Recommend design for a comprehensive environment and
infrastructure for ASD, including bills-of-materials and cost
estimates any proposed software or hardware purchases; hold one or
more Gate Reviews for presentation of ASD Environment Plan;
Implement the ASD environment to include purchase of software or
hardware; Provide training to the Government and other performers
in interfacing with and use of the ASD environment, including
presentations and trainings; Maintain and operate the ASD
environment; and Provide role-based access to the ASD environment
to the Government and other performers.
- Create technical documentation and training materials for the
- Coordinate and gather requirements with Project End User.
- Develop and host prototypes on DTRIAC IT systems.
- Deliver a final report on the project.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Highly Desired: at least ten (10) years' experience in IT
software systems and development.
- Experience providing IT support in a DoD environment is
- Experience supporting software development, security and IT
- Experience in software design, analysis, coding, and testing is
- Experience with data extraction from software repositories is
- Experience developing methods and tools for developing,
implementing, testing, demonstrating, and transitioning data export
tools is preferred.
- Experience with classified software repositories is
- Experience with encryption/decryption is preferred.
- Experience developing IT technical reports and training
documentation is preferred.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- May be required to travel.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Agile certification is a plus.
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have a secret security clearance.
ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a
fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy
competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with
company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid
holidays. The Alakaina Foundation FOCs is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of
individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state
that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you
need an accommodation during the application process, please click
here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is
comprised of industry-recognized government service firms
designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a)
certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes
Keaki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kpono
Government Services, Kapili Services, Po
Kkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alakaina
Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the
youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing
innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science &
technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit
Keywords: Alakaina Family of Companies, Albuquerque , Senior Applications Architect, Other , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!