Open Rank of Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center
Company: University of New Mexico
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Open Rank of Health Sciences Library and Informatics
HS Library (483A)
Health Sciences Library and Informatics Ctr
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of
benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In
addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition
remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home
page for more information.
The Research, Education and Clinical Information Services Division
at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Library and
Informatics Center (HSLIC) seeks a collaborative and energetic
Graduate and Research Services Librarian to take the lead in
developing an innovative service to address the needs of our
research community, including faculty, post-docs and graduate
students. HSLIC is looking for a motivated, collaborative, and
enthusiastic individual who can thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced
environment to join our team. This position has flexibility to
allow candidates to highlight unique skills or experiences that
enhance and complement our existing services. The faculty position
will engage with research education leadership and faculty members
to ensure that UNM Health Sciences Center graduate students
involved in research and their faculty mentors receive needed
library and information services. The Graduate and Research
Librarian is a key member of the Research, Education and Clinical
Information Services Division, reporting directly to the Division
Head and works closely and actively partners with other team
members in HSLIC. This individual will participate as a member of
the Division and provide research consults, literature searches,
and consults and education on systematic reviews. This faculty
member will partner with other HSLIC employees to promote data
management, open access, open science, and other research
communication efforts. We are seeking applicants who want to foster
collaboration and build new relationships with a variety of
research departments at the HSC. Excellent interpersonal and
communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability
to actively listen, understand and articulate user needs are highly
valued. We strongly encourage those who are passionate about
fostering diverse, equitable and inclusive libraries to apply.
Appointment is posted as open rank, to be determined based on
Salary range: $54,000 - $65,000.
- Provides training to support the success of the HSC research
enterprise for learners and faculty throughout the research
- Works closely with the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program and
other HSC doctoral and post-doctoral programs to support emerging
researchers and investigators.
- Integrates library and informatics competencies into required
courses in the research education curricula.
- Collaborates with students and faculty on projects and provides
training in the use of relevant databases and research
- Advises students on effective communication strategies
(posters, presentations, etc.) related to their research.
- Serves on IACUC and may serve on an IRB committee providing
literature review support.
- Provides consultations and education on systematic reviews and
other research-oriented topics.
- May participate in externally funded research.
- Collaborates with other HSC faculty and staff on research
- Develops and teaches educational programs for students,
faculty, researchers, and staff with an emphasis on various
publishing modalities, open access, open science, copyright and
- Performs online database searches and research consultations as
requested to meet the scientific information needs of the research
- Creates research guides to support student and faculty
educational and research activities.
- Provides training and support for PubMed, NCBI resources, and
other specialized databases, including electronic collaboration
- Contributes to a professional knowledge base through
presentations, publications, and research in accordance with
- Participates as a HSLIC faculty member in committee service,
strategic planning initiatives, and scholarly activities.
Located in Albuquerque, HSLIC serves the UNM College of Nursing,
College of Pharmacy, College of Population Health, School of
Medicine, including its Health Professions programs, and two
teaching hospitals. HSLIC serves the state's health-information
needs, including its 22 Native nations. The UNM HSC has earned a
national and international reputation for its integrated education,
patient care, research, and partnership initiatives, which address
the unique healthcare needs of New Mexico's urban and rural
populations (http://hsc.unm.edu). UNM is a flagship,
research-intensive university with a student population of over
New Mexico offers over 200 days of sunshine, a rich set of cultures
and histories and outdoor activities including hiking, biking and
skiing. The city of Albuquerque is the largest city in New Mexico
with roughly 900,000 people in the city and surrounding areas.
- Graduate Library/Information Science degree from a program
accredited by the American Library Association; or advanced degree
in a relevant field (e.g., data science, information science,
research integrity, etc.).
- 2 years of experience providing reference, instruction, or
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experience in an academic health sciences library.
- Experience providing instruction and research assistance to
graduate students and researchers.
- Ability to conduct searches including rigorous reviews (e.g.
systematic, scoping) across multiple resources/platforms using
advanced searching techniques.
- Experience using research impact metrics, altmetrics,
bibliometrics, and relevant related resources (e.g. ORCID, VIVO or
other biographical-based profiles, NCBI My Bibliography).
- Experience serving on a research peer-review panel (IRB, animal
rights, dissertation, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and
collaboratively with colleagues, researchers, faculty, students,
- Evidence of initiative, flexibility and the ability to adapt to
a complex, rapidly changing academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and manage collaborative
projects, which could include scientific studies.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
student success, as well as working with broadly diverse
- Experience teaching reference management software, such as
Zotero or EndNote.
- An additional degree in a relevant scientific field.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will
be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd
party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Applicants must provide:
Cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred
Professional writing sample
Contact information for three professional references
Finalists for this position should be prepared to provide official
educational transcripts if selected for hire.
For further information, please contact David Lucero at (505)
For Best Consideration
For best consideration, please apply by 5/7/2021. This position
will remain open until filled.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
disability, or any other protected class.
Keywords: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque , Open Rank of Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center, Other , albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!