Tech III, Power Generation/Generator Field Service
Company: Stewart & Stevenson Power Products LLC
Posted on: January 25, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for identifying abnormalities with
customers power generation equipment at the customer's place of
business and performing complex and/or major repairs. ESSENTIAL
- Accurately trouble shoot and diagnose all problems with power
generation equipment, including problems with Automatic Transfer
Switches (ATS), and generator controls AC and DC.
- Make repair recommendations to customers, order appropriate
parts to complete repairs.
- Perform all repairs on power generation equipment and related
support equipment; replace support equipment as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to
established guidelines and schedules.
- Utilize measuring equipment including multimeters, ammeters and
megohmmeters for the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Perform load testing via dry type load bank test equipment and
perform building tests utilizing automatic transfer switches and
- Assist lower level Field Service Technicians in completing work
assignments as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality
standards and safety procedures. QUALIFICATIONS High School Diploma
or General Education Degree (GED) and three to seven years related
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete
work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken
- Ability to take care of the customers needs while following
company procedures. SKILLS & ABILITIES Computer Skills Basic
computer navigation and utilization skills required. Proficiency in
Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Certificates & Licenses N/A Other Requirements Ability to utilize
laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required. Clean
driving record and valid Drivers License required. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stewart & Stevenson Power Products LLC, Albuquerque , Tech III, Power Generation/Generator Field Service, IT / Software / Systems , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!