Field Service Technican I - ABQ (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
Company: Smiths Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
As a level one Field Service Technician, this individual must be
team oriented and flexible, and actively seek to share information
and assist their peers. Possesses solid communication skills, both
oral and written. Demonstrates good electronic repair
troubleshooting methodology and maintains at least an intermediate
technical level of product knowledge. Ability to read and follow
electrical/mechanical schematics to assist in isolating fault to
root cause component/assembly. Cross trains on products serviced in
the field, and displays basic proficiency in servicing the Trace,
X-Ray, CT X-Ray and Cargo Inspection Systems product lines.
Willingness to work on special projects, some of high visibility,
as assigned. Looks for common-mode problem occurrences and seeks to
resolve, both independently and with the aid of others. Has a
working knowledge of business PC applications (MS Word, Excel &
Power Point) and able to effectively use them to provide clear,
concise information summaries as needed.
Troubleshoots, services, installs (deploys) and repairs Trace,
X-Ray, CT X-Ray and Cargo Inspection equipment at customer sites.
Maintains field service log and filing system to properly initiate,
organize and maintain all field service and job files until work is
completed Demonstrates initiative and dedication through positive
use of downtime and an overall willingness and eagerness to
consistently exceed customer and company requirements. Conducts
follow up calls with the customer to ensure satisfaction of
Duties & Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE
NOT LIMITED TO:
* Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving
* Installs, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides
customer training as required.
* Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits
paperwork in a timely basis
* Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle
* Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to
customers as necessary.
* Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with
promoting and implementing revenue programs.
* Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and
* Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support
data; recommends modifications or improvements.
* Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service
professionals as required.
* May participate in site surveys, pilot program service
activities, attend meetings
* Possesses basic technical knowledge on the company's Trace and
* Maintains clear and concise business communication, both oral and
* Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior level
FSE's and Product Managers in order to support the needs of the
customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
* Exercises every available measure to control and minimize
* Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be
* Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health,
safety and environmental policies.
* Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security
* Other duties as required.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what
make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive
equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally
protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company
with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate,
support, and embrace diversity.
* Associate's Degree/Related Trade Certification (electrical,
electronic, mechanical)/Military Training (electrical, mechanical,
electronics). (Equivalence achieved through comparative work and
life experience of 1-3 years is acceptable work experience in a
related electrical or mechanical field service role). Computer
literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite
and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
* Minimum of 1-3 years experience directly involved in
troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic
systems and equipment.
* Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and
have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork. Must be
responsive to all customer issues at all times. Must be willing &
able to travel at short notice.
* While supervision is not considered a primary responsibility of
this position, there may be instances where supervision of others
on a project basis may be required
* This position requires Sensitive Security Information (SS) access
and vetting via the TSA. Applicant must successfully pass a federal
* Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal
skills with the ability to multi task several projects at once.
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle
* Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
* Possess excellent telephone skills
* Must be able to lift/carry 80 lbs.
* Must be able to push/pull 200 lbs.
* Must be able to move/ manipulate equipment weighing up to 1000
lbs. with the assistance of carts, hoists, davit cranes, pallet
jacks or other devices as defined in the manuals and Technical
* Job requires frequent bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and
working in unusual positions requiring full body mobility.
* Must be able to work safely and follow safety precautions in
extreme environments (temperature, humidity, noise, confined
spaces, etc.) around dangerous industrial equipment.
* Work environment is typically considered to be wherever the
customer of concern is located. Service will typically be rendered
at airports, correctional facilities, courthouses, cruise ships or
other locations as required.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture
and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our
customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of
people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around
23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real
impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving
healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and
supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical
to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and
high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome
colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility,
enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a
business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five
global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
SDI is a Federal Contractor subject to customer requirements
regarding COVID-19 vaccination. Subject to SDI's COVID-19 policies,
all employees who require routine access to customer-sites must be
fully vaccinated unless they are eligible and approved for a
SDI is a Federal Contractor and a drug-free workplace. By
submitting an application, I confirm that I understand that the
Company has a right to require me to submit to a drug test prior to
employment and at any time during my employment, to the extent
permitted by law.
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and
screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban
security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested
experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from
the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons,
contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every
day our technology and our people make the world a safer place.
Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in
applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as
contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and
engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in
more than 50 countries.
Smiths Detection is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to
view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy
statement, please email email@example.com.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable
accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an
online application, please e-mail
Keywords: Smiths Group, Albuquerque , Field Service Technican I - ABQ (Albuquerque, New Mexico), IT / Software / Systems , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!