IT Systems Manager
Company: Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) , LLC is
looking for a qualified IT Systems Manager to support the Defense
Threat Reduction Information Analysis Center (DTRIAC) at Kirtland,
AFB, NM.Description of Responsibilities
- Facilitate the movement of data between government IT systems,
including The Scientific and Technical Information Archive and
Retrieval Systems (STARS), RD-NT Portals, RDnet-U, RDnet-S, Data
Lake and SharePoint assets.
- Recommend IT requirements for, and implement and maintain, a
robust backup process, leveraging the government IT Systems and
government cross domain support function, for an agency's digital
collection and other key digital files, including backup outside of
- Identify hardware requirements for custom developed solutions,
as well as commercial off the shelf (COTS) solutions.
- Create lifecycle plans for hardware and software systems that
detail upgrade/updates/improvement planning.
- Ensure continuous access to all IT systems, including
- Setup and maintain a SharePoint list to manage and document the
access requests and approvals.
- Design, develop, prototype, implement, improve, maintain, and
operate SharePoint-based workflows and data management.
- Maintain and improve agency websites (internal or external,
unclassified or classified).
- Support changes and/or upgrades to agency IT systems (hardware
- Support the authorization, accreditation, implementation,
operation, cybersecurity, and maintenance of the government IT
systems, workstations, storage, scanners, digitizers, and
- Assist as required, in facilitating successful accreditation of
hardware, peripherals, and software through the Authorization To
Operate process (ATO).Obtain and maintain accounts for select staff
on DoD HPCMP IT systems.
- Define functional requirements for a comprehensive environment
and infrastructure for Advanced Search & Discovery (ASD).
- Recommend a design to meet ASD environment requirements,
implementable on government IT systems.
- Document requirements and an implementation plan, including
bill-of-materials and cost estimates for any proposed software or
- Participate and/or hold Gate Reviews
- Provide training to the government and other performers in
interfacing with and use of the ASD environment, including
presentations and documentation
- Other duties as assigned.Required Skills, Experience and
- 5+ years IT Systems Management experience
- Experienced in configuration, management and operation of Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Operating Systems, preferably RHEL versions 7
- Experience maintaining Apache Servers configured with log4J2
- Experienced with database configuration, management, and
- VMware experience and aptitude required.
- Experience implementing/maintain Dell EMC Isilon storage
solution or PowerScale and/or PowerStore a plus.
- Experience with cross-domain solutions required.
- Current Security+ Certification or Equivalent Required
- Secret Clearence Required
- Hardware/software accreditation/authorizations to operate
experience a plus.Security ClearanceU.S. CitizenAbility to obtain a
secret security clearanceThe Alaka`ina Foundation Family of
Companies (FOCs), LLC is a fast-growing government service
provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with
company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid
holidays. Kapili Government Services is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are
proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a
disability and you need an accommodation during the application
process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify
all employees.The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs)
is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms
designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a)
certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes
Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, K--pono
Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions,
K--kaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina
Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the
youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing
innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science &
technology, and environmental stewardship.For additional
information, please visit
Keywords: Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies, Albuquerque , IT Systems Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!