Security Officer - Field Service Supervisor
Company: Securitas USA
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises guarding operations at multiple sites.
Performs inspections and ensures that post orders are being
followed. Coaches and trains personnel. Carries out administrative
procedures as required by Branch. Responds to incidents and may
provide service coverage as needed.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Primary job function is supervision
of Security Officers.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required
to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company
policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety
rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors
upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
1. Supervises Security Officers and/or other personnel, as
assigned; ensures that personnel deliver high quality service;
evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective
action in a timely manner.
2. Meets with Branch management and/or client representatives for
status updates and to address any actual or potential problems;
provides support during client start-ups; provides input to
security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews post orders and
communicates requirements and changes to affected personnel.
3. Participates in and coordinates with Branch management the
orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber
staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and
4. Assigns and directs work; coaches employees and carries out
disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate
in carrying out their respective responsibilities; refers
problematic issues to Branch management.
5. Maintains a positive, professional environment in full
compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and
procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply
with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and coordinates with Branch management regarding
scheduling, staffing, equipment, record keeping, and related
matters, to ensure smooth delivery of services; meets with Branch
management and other Field Supervisors to discuss customer service,
initiatives, personnel matters, and related issues.
7. Inspects client sites as assigned to ensure adequate coverage
and compliance with post orders; visits client representatives to
ensure they remain satisfied with services provided; covers vacant
posts as necessary.
8. Reviews client and company required reports for accuracy and
timeliness; assists in preparing and submitting payroll and billing
9. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as
required for assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of
related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the
job, as determined by the company. Must have previous supervisory
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
* May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements for
any applicable state, county and municipal license for Security
* Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
* Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
* Ability to provide positive direction and motivate
* Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and
* Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
* Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
* Ability to be an effective team member.
* Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
* Courteous telephone manner.
* Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post
* Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and
* Good organizational skills.
* Strong customer service and results orientation.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively with clients, at various social levels and across
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
* May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging
individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
* Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
* May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
* Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to
communicate with employees and clients, observe and report
incidents, and direct others.
* Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for
long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking
up inclines and on uneven terrain.
* Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally
up to 25 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
* On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical
* Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or
be required to work in environments or under conditions that
require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of
personal safety and safety of others.
* May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Keywords: Securitas USA, Albuquerque , Security Officer - Field Service Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!