Full-time Instructor 3- Term - Program Director Health Information Technology
Company: Central New Mexico Community College
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Position Title: Full-time Instructor 3- Term - Program Director
Health Information Technology
Requisition Number: req2251
Compensation: 67,545.00 - 73,603.00
Job Grade: Y
Department: School of Health, Wellness, & Public Safety
Employment Type: Full-Time Faculty
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive
benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term
disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement
plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees,
their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
CNM Full-Time Faculty
This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the
terms and conditions of the CNM Full-time Faculty employee union.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty,
and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than
October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide
documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA
License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All
documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary CNM faculty are vital to the College's vision of "changing
lives, building community." This vision is evidenced by a
commitment to teaching and learning that supports our goals of
student success, increased student retention, and improved
graduation rates.--Faculty are responsible for providing high
quality instruction that meets the needs of diverse learners so
that each student may meet course outcomes and achieve their
educational goals. Full-time faculty are also expected to perform
college service in addition to the instructional duties listed
below.--This service beyond instruction is integral to the
collaborative and innovative work we engage in with our internal
and external community members to continuously improve the student
learning experience, CNM's organizational excellence, and the
larger community's success.-- Instruction Duties
- Effectively prepare, teach, grade, and assess student learning
in courses assigned.
- Create and model a quality learning environment to support a
diverse student population, including students with disabilities or
special learning needs.
- Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support
materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials,
instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
- Convene classes as scheduled and respond to student inquiries
in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to students outside the classroom through
posted office hours.
- Incorporate, as pedagogically appropriate, current technology
in a variety of teaching environments.
- Maintain student records and provide documentation for
incompletes within established College timelines.
- Attend in-service sessions, college/school/department meetings,
and convocation, as required.
- Utilize a variety of technology-based resources to access and
input information related to student records and
- Provide for the security of facilities, equipment, and
instructional materials and maintain safe working conditions.
- Abide by all college policies and regulations.
- Participate in the development and review of course and program
- Update and revise curriculum to maintain currency.
- Perform other instructional responsibilities as assigned by the
Dean. Professional Development
- Regularly participate in professional development activities to
maintain current knowledge in the field as well as industry
credentials required by the program. maintain current credentials
or licensures as required by program or accreditation.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to
advance teaching skills and strategies.
- Participate in other appropriate development activities as may
be determined by the Dean. College, School, Program/Discipline
- Participate in school and college activities such as, but not
limited to, developing new curriculum or student recruitment.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff from other
schools/departments to promote communication, coordinate schedules,
and support student success.
- Collaborate with high schools, universities, business and
industry or external agencies as appropriate, and assist with
program advisory committees as requested.
- Serve on department, school, and college committees and task
- Participate in and assist with student activities and
- Participate in other activities as appropriate and approved by
- Performs other job related duties as assigned. Minimums AND
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered
Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate Preferences
- Master's Degree
- Health information technology teaching experience
- Community college teaching experience--
- Experience teaching online, hybrid, or web-enhanced
- Experience with CAHIIM accreditation standards, policies,
procedures, and regulatory compliance
- Experience in program administration/management
Keywords: Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque , Full-time Instructor 3- Term - Program Director Health Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!