Information Systems Architect (HPC/Linux)
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Description SAIC is seeking an Information Systems Architect to
join a team that administers next-generation high performance
computing (HPC) Architectures and develops innovative solutions for
operations and efficient utilization. On any given day, you may be
called on to:
- Participate in all aspects of the HPC system lifecycle
including facility integration, standup, acceptance testing,
performance benchmarking, operational support, and
- Maintain all system aspects of security, networks, filesystems,
system software installation, and user support.
- Plan patches and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot/replace defective components
- Determine and proactively mitigate the impact of system changes
and improvements, including non-standard research access and
software, on the security and stability of the platforms and on the
- Participate in development of new operational methodologies and
support infrastructure to enable efficient operations of multiple,
concurrent, leading-edge and prototype HPC Clusters.
- Support research and development staff to deliver functional
platforms for pre-production systems.
- Work with the HPC Monitoring Team to deploy monitoring
solutions on the platforms and utilize them for performance
- Learn new technologies, processes, and system software in an
unstructured environment. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Information Systems Engineering (CIS/MIS), or significant STEM
discipline and five or more years of significant IT experience OR 9
years or more of relevant IT experience with achievements that
demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties
of the job in lieu of degree.
- 5 years' experience with Linux /Unix operating systems,
including hardware setup, installation, upgrades, and
- Experience handling large numbers of systems (20-50+).
- Experience answering technical support queries from a community
- A strong teammate capable of handling multiple duties with good
customer focus and excellent oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance.
- Proven understanding/experience installing clusters (initial
racking/cabling/diagnosing hardware issues)
- Advanced scripting experience (Shell, Python, PERL, or any
other system-level scripting).
- Basic understanding of networking concepts and infrastructure,
such as firewalls, routing, bonding, and VLANs
- Knowledge and experience with security and authentication
components, such as ssh, Kerberos, LDAP, SSL, nmap, public and
private key encryption, and other third party security
- Ability to implement and review system performance monitoring,
determine optimization opportunities, and set new resource/capacity
- Experience with Linux containers and related technologies
(docker, kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with storage administration, fiber channel SAN, LUN
provisioning, NFS filesystem management, and related processes and
- Understanding of HPC scheduling software (e.g. LSF, Moab, or
- Understanding of HPC parallel filesystems (e.g. GPFS,
- Understanding of HPC Interconnects (e.g., Infiniband, OmniPath,
- Current DOE Q Security Clearance #abqx
My SAIC Benefits . - provided by Dice
Keywords: SAIC, Albuquerque , Information Systems Architect (HPC/Linux), IT / Software / Systems , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!