Web Product Manager
Company: The Center for Action & Contemplation
Posted on: May 20, 2020
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a
more loving world through the teaching and practice of the
Christian contemplative tradition. Internally, we are creating a
modern workplace with the professional skills needed to scale the
work of the CAC to reach a larger audience.
The Job Opportunity:
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) has a difficult, if
not unusual, challenge, and an amazing opportunity to meet it head
on. The challenge: There are many ways people interact with CAC on
the web, including a bookstore, an online education portal, daily
emails to over 300,000 constituents, registration pages for events,
donation pages, 30 years of teaching materials from Richard Rohr,
and much more. How do we offer all of this within a user experience
that is full-featured yet modern, simple, and accessible while also
conveying the CACs essence?
The CAC is blessed with thoughtful and experienced leaders who
bring an abundance of expertise to the table. From design to
branding to programs to communication to technology and more, each
is a passionate advocate for their own area of responsibility.
We are seeking a candidate to join our leaders in the role of Web
Product Manager as a strategic synthesizer. Our ideal candidate can
sit in the middle, synthesize various perspectives, work with
expert outside help, and orchestrate something magical. And from
that day forward, continuously seek improvements to the user
experience in all its many forms, continually seeking feedback,
analyzing what is working, and what could be better. All without
sacrificing the elegant, simple user experience that supports our
We are not looking for the mad solo genius who can meet this
challenge single handedly. Quite the opposite. We are looking for a
clear-thinking collaborator and fair-minded arbiter who understands
all of the elements of what it takes to build and maintain a
successful, multi-dimensional web presence. Someone who can manage
the process and consistently move the ball forward toward an
The Web Product Manager will communicate daily with stakeholders
around the organization to understand their needs, their hopes, and
their fears. You will be their advocate, their reality check, the
one who figures out what is possible, what it costs, and then makes
While technical expertise is important, this role will be more
focused on leadership and strategy. You must be able to gather and
translate user needs into well-defined requirements and user
stories to be implemented by internal and external technical
resources. The most important skill is the ability to manage
technical staff and external developers while understanding the
details of their work.
Your relevant product domain will include the creation and
iterative development of the main CAC.org website, core teacher
websites, other distributed microsites, custom web tools, and
web-based elements of other digital products (e.g., the front-end
of our online store, donation pages, registration pages, online
courses, and more).
Note that the Web Product Manager is not responsible for the
development of content, design, or specific engagement strategies,
but you should have a strong sense for all of it and know good
UI/UX when you see it. Youd collaborate with several teams, most
significantly our Creative and Engagement teams, and feel a deep
responsibility for understanding and bringing their work into
The Web Product Manager will also work side-by-side with the
Managing Director of Digital Products and CRM Product Manager in a
highly coordinated, team-oriented and results-focused Digital
Additional information on the Digital Product Team approach to
technology can be found here.
Why You Are the Best Person for this Job...
- You are a communicator who loves developing ideas and
relationships, and you know enough about design and coding to speak
- You can manage the heck out of a project, but your skillset
goes beyond project management.
- You are fluent in the principles of design, UX, and user
- When someone comes to you with a request, you can do that thing
where you dig into it together and end up getting to the bottom of
the need behind the request, even if the solution looks far
different from where the request started.
- When it comes to QA you have a certain patience, thoroughness,
and investigative tire kicking that prevents sub-par work from
getting out into the world.
- You can get a bit embarrassingly excited about the ways you
have optimized your task management systems.
- You are passionate about delivering the tools and quality
necessary to make something truly great.
- You ignite the interests and proclivities of the team to get
top-quality results, while protecting their prioritized
- You are relentless when it comes to removing roadblocks to the
teams and the organizations success.
- The everyday duties of the Web Product Manager include meeting
with stakeholders throughout the organization to seek out
achievable improvements in user experience, becoming the keeper of
dreams for the creative, engagement, and program delivery teams,
including the Living School, library, and fundraising.
- Inspire stakeholders throughout the organization to reimagine
the absolute best web experience for the CACs followers, students,
and customers, then bring that vision to life, using the best
expert strategists, designers, and technicians available.
- Manage the internal team as well as external consultants to
effectively deliver and consistently maintain a world-class web
presence that supports CACs mission.
- Effectively communicate and advocate at all levels of the
organization (leadership, staff, constituents, and relevant
external consultants) to ensure your teams capacity to deliver an
excellent user experience while maintaining excellent working
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to unleash the talents of individuals and
- Consensus-seeking and optimistic that differing perspectives
and opinions can make eventual solutions more robust.
- Highly responsible to commitments, while forthright about
uncertainties and obstacles, and willing to seek help when
- Strong ability to differentiate low priority, low impact rabbit
holes from consequential details that must be understood and
- Real sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its
impact on the organizations success.
- Driven to inspire; your ultimate orientation is toward
empowerment and others success.
- Willingness to uphold greatness and take initiative.
- Platform agnostic, with enough various web platform experience
to understand costs, benefits, and trade-offs.
- Experience overseeing the creation of world class
- Inspired by innovation for continuous improvement.
- Ability to lead the charge to convey our teachings and
- Effectiveness in bringing all the relevant stakeholders
- Continuous and passionate awareness of CACs front-facing web
- At least 3-5+ years experience in web product management or
- Understanding of the various components of the web creation and
development process, and the areas of expertise involved.
- A history of participation in successful web projects.
- Experience with QA testing processes.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- A history of building trusted relationships with colleagues --
communicating transparently and delivering on projects and
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience managing a high-functioning team.
- Experience working with a top-tier web design firm and opinions
about how to form the most productive working relationships with
- Experience with, or detailed understanding of, concepts behind
UX and UI.
- Experience with web testing and optimization.
Work Requirements/ Physical Requirements
- The physical requirements of the position include but are not
limited to, standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time,
use of hands to fingers, reaching with hands and arms, balancing,
stooping, and squatting.
- Use of a computer, keyboard, and monitor on a daily basis.
- Must be able to speak English and listen, hear sound and
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site in our Albuquerque office. Candidates must be
located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an
extremely competitive compensation and benefits package for
full-time staff positions. Relocation assistance is available
within the United States.
Please apply for this job directly. You must submit a resume and
cover letter to be considered. Because of the high volume of
interest, we are not able to process applications or respond to
inquiries unless they come through the online application
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We believe that diversity makes us better. The CAC welcomes and
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, gender and gender identity,
sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information,
pregnancy, parental status, military service, veteran status,
citizen status, political affiliation, disability status, or any
other non-merit based factor.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: The Center for Action & Contemplation, Albuquerque , Web Product Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!